bliss OS

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by g3p3nk, Jun 12, 2008.

Jun 12, 2008

bliss OS by g3p3nk at 3:09 PM (1,979 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. g3p3nk
    OP

Newcomer g3p3nk Member

Canada
    hi, i'm using the newest bliss' custom OS.

i'm wondering if we can rename a file name directly from NDS, and not going to PC just to rename a file?

my question is directed more to renaming the gba.sav file. as you know when you hit 3in1 menu -> sRAM, it'll copy current sav file in its PSRAM into microSD, and naming it sth like ----.gba.sav (i think, i dont remember the order)

i always change gba game most of the time (and most the time always using NOR, cuz games like pokemon would require this)
    then assuming i'm doing the back-up often, i'd have those presetNamed sav files, which are confusing. thus i'm wondering if there is a way to rename the file w/o going into PC.

thanks for the answer~ =D

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    DSOrganize will allow you to rename, copy, move, and delete files.

I think there's also a way to make the Bliss menu not store multiple save files with the 3in1.

-Bri

3. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    DSBrowser is able to do it too.

4. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    you can rename files with dsorganize dsorganize

5. g3p3nk
    OP

Newcomer g3p3nk Member

Canada
    howdy, that was fast.. i click refresh and there are 3 replies already..
    thanks guys!! =D

so this is more like a comment.. why bliss OS can play .mp3, read .txt, but not pictures? like .jpg, .png, .bmp? been wondering for a while x] altho that's not really a problem, since ak2 comes w/ moonshell, but it'd be a nice add-on if it can open pictures as well, then i can just remove moonshell~ lol
    havent tried it it can play movie or not (.dpg), more like, i dont know how to convert a movie into .dpg.. if anyone would guide me, it'd be awesome!

yea, back to opening pictures. is there any reason why it's not being implemented? don't get me wrong, i like bliss custom' OS alot! i'm just asking out of curiosity, nothing more~

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Good question, actually. I'm guessing the answer is that Bliss doesn't care to launch pictures from his menu, and therefore hasn't spent the time to write a plug-in for it. There are, of course, homebrew apps that can view images (any of which could likely be made into a plug-in).

-Bri