Bliss' CUSTOM osmenu project for AceKard2 - Latest : 4.0.7.k06 (20

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by spiritos, Apr 10, 2008.

1. spiritos
    OP

Newcomer spiritos Advanced Member

Israel
    Just wanted to update all AK2 owners with this new release from bliss:
    Update details as follows:

Last update : 2008. 04. 03 ( version: bliss.k05 )
    based on official 4.0.6
    rom loading engine is based on official 4.0.7a6-modified

Download K06: http://bliss.hanirc.org/ndsl/ak2/ak2_407_bliss_k06.rar

This is custom osmenu for acekard2. It has almost same feature with custom osmenu for acekard r.p.g by me.
    I cannot open source code about acekard2, because It's all rights reserved by acekard team.
    But you can always see source code about my change. my change is not different with acekard r.p.g's.

Update Info & Features:

QUOTE:
    (update since)
    [ 4.0.7.k05]
    1. fixed to correct language in 2215
    2. fixed white screen of 0122
    3. added some plugin (lmp-ng/dsmplay)
    4. Support Korean Language
    5. Support extra help text line (item8,item9)

This custom firmware supports multiple saves, enhanced cheat engine, enhanced configurations and more...

2. sepinho

Member sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Does this mean that Bliss' OS supports the Acekard RPG's plugin system in general, or just a select few plugins? Or are they hard-coded into the OS by Bliss?

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    @spiritos: Thanks for posting this!

@sepinho: It has several of the same plug-ins that the RPG one has, but I don't think you can just drop a plug-in from the RPG one and expect it to work with the AK2 one. A couple of the plugins that aren't included with the AK2 menu are listed as "NOT SUPPORTED YET" in the SK2 plugin readme file.

-Bri

4. sepinho

Germany
    The
    part has me hoping.
    Then again, I really shouldn't buy yet another flashcart. Whenever I decide to buy one because of its kick-ass features, another one is released/modded/updated that's even better.
    Heck, my SCDS1 - which I bought for its RTG/RTS feature - hasn't even arrived from HK yet. [​IMG]

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Oh, I think the other plug-ins will be rewritten for the AK2 since there's no reason the AK2 hardware can't support them.

The original AK2 menu is already incredible and Bliss' version even better. For $32 from DX, you can't really go wrong.

Maybe Sakura for the M3 DS Real will be as nice as the AK2 and RPG menus, but somehow I doubt it considering the improvements Bliss and others are making to them.

I'm wondering if the AK2 will eventually support RTS or if they'll purposely keep that feature off it in order to make the RPG sales higher.

-Bri

6. spiritos
    OP

Newcomer spiritos Advanced Member

Israel
    Currently it doesn't support all plugins, but as far as I understood, it may as well do in the future, Bliss is doing a great job with his custom menus and as with the updates, I truly think that Team AceKard is as fast as Team Cyclops, as for RTS, I truly and honestly believe with this rate of the updates that add so much; RTS may as well be coming soon as the demand is there. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. sepinho

Germany
    Thanks for the infos guys (and/or gals...).
    Here's to hoping that adding RTS to the AK2 will take some time.

I should at least use the SCDS1 for a couple of weeks, before I update to another card yet again. [​IMG]