Bleeding over Crisps

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,442
  • Replies 38
D

Deleted User

OP
Bloody hell, that's the last time I buy Walkers' crisps.

So there I was, minding my own business and walked into a shop to buy a pack of Walker's Cheese and onion crisps, Grab Bag version. So I open it and start eating, then fuck! I get this massive pain in my mouth and it starts to bleed, quite liberally. Apparently, there were really sharp little bits of curvy metal shavings inside the pack. Like potato twirls but really sharp and made of metal. So my (now not) favourite crisps manufacturer decided to try and kill me.

Naturally, I take it back to the shop, saying "I want a refund,", and what do they do? Balls to that, they accuse me, with my dead bloody hands and mouth to say that I stuck the metal in there; that I like to cut my mouth whilst it's full of MSG and salt.

How did the metal shavings get in there in the first place? I don't know and frankly, I'm really pissed. Sitting here with tissue still crammed 4 metres up my head. Damn you, Walkers. Damn you.

edit: I'm all light-headed

D

Deleted User

OP
Mesiskope said:
you must have grabbed the Chuck Norris brand bag.
No, I didn't. Chuck isn't that big in the UK. Still big, but not that big.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mesiskope said:
you must have grabbed the Chuck Norris brand bag.
rofl.gif

Send a letter/email of complaint.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the sort of complaint you take to the manufacturer, not the retailer.
The shop doesn't pack those foil bags full of chips, so they're not responsible for you blindly shoving anything in the bag in your mouth.
And you'd be surprised how many make-a-buck-quick scams these shops see in a day.

If you can't get through their automated "thank you for writing us!" tripe, a lawyer certainly can.

D

Deleted User

OP
Vulpes Abnocto said:
The shop doesn't pack those foil bags full of chips, so they're not responsible for you blindly shoving anything in the bag in your mouth.
And you'd be surprised how many make-a-buck-quick scams these shops see in a day.

If you can't get through their automated "thank you for writing us!" tripe, a lawyer certainly can.
I guess you're right. Augh, I feel so bad.

I can't think straight anymore. I think I've got to lie down.

@Nadrian. Haha this is really funny isn't it.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Complain to Walkers themselves that's where the real fault lies.
The shop should also have given you a refund and then claimed it as coming in insellable condition to Walkers themselves. But alas your shop is staffed by bastards.

D

Deleted User

OP
Jamstruth said:
Complain to Walkers themselves that's where the real fault lies.
The shop should also have given you a refund and then claimed it as coming in insellable condition to Walkers themselves. But alas your shop is staffed by bastards.
Cuts, I say. It's about the cuts. On my mouth and in Whitehall.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:

Actually, we're pretty damned responsible for what we sell. If we sell you something that isn't fit to be sold, regardless of whether its our fault or not, you can get a refund. The shop can then take the complaint the the manufacturer claiming it to be a faulty product and get a refund their own way. After all, we make a profit on what we sell you over what the manufacturer sells it for.
I'd have given a refund and said it was a faulty product, hell, I've done a similar thing before. A kid bought a pack of crazybones which should have 2 figures in it and it only had 1. I gave him a refund on it (though I don't think anything has ever been done about it, the figure is still sitting by the till in the shop). I asked my supervisor before doing this and he said it was the right thing to do since the product we'd sold WAS faulty.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
I haven't seen Crazy Bones around for ages.
mellow.gif
They're referred to by the kids as "GoGos" now. Its basically a new series of them, the full name is "Crazy Bones' GoGos" or "Gogos' Crazy Bones" I'm not sure which. All I know is that I sell a lot of them and Lego Mini Figures to kids.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)