Bleach - Blade of Fate (U) vs (J)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by mixinluv2u, Nov 5, 2007.

Nov 5, 2007
  1. mixinluv2u
    OP

Member mixinluv2u GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i heard there were some tweaks that happened when they imported Bleach - Blade of Fate from Japanese to English. is that true? and also does anyone know what the changes are?

Kenpachi doesn't have a RF version of one of his specials (the one where he dashs forward and then does one downward slash), was that always the case? or was that taken out during the tweak?

2. Gene98

Member Gene98 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    there are TONS of minor differences. Google it. Or search on gamefaqs B:BoF board

3. mixinluv2u
    OP

United States
    i can't find the topic at gamefaqs listing the difference. do you have a link? can't find anything with google either, what should i use as search keyword?

also, what happens when two people play against each other with wi-fi and one has the japanese version while the other has english?

4. Gene98

Russia
    topic is dead oallready. So google "Bleach: The Blade of Fate - Note: Major Changes" for saved cash QUICKLY if ypu need this nfo (=

5. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    its in english !

6. mixinluv2u
    OP

United States
    mm... the gamespot google cached page only shows the last page of the discussion. which doesn't really say anything other than "cannot line jump in 1 on 1 battles."

any other ideas?

also wouldn't that be weird if the 2 versions were linked on wi-fi to battle and one of them can line jump while the others cannot? kind of unfair. or does nintendo treat these 2 versions as 2 completely different games, so that only english will vs english and japanese will only vs japanese?

7. gigermunit

Member gigermunit GBAtemp Fan

United States
    his dash then downward slash is there there >_>

8. mixinluv2u
    OP

United States
    not the RF version though? when i do the move with heavy slash he doesn't turn yellow.

9. gigermunit

Member gigermunit GBAtemp Fan

United States
    does for me lol

10. Gene98

Russia
    1)U can not play J vs U. Just cant.
    2)THE MOST MAJOR diff in versions. In (u) U can block ONLY range attacks while in mid-air. It changes alot.
    All spammable attacks arent spammable anymore. For example - Byakua(i know, name is wrong. Too lazy to check) have A LARGE delay if tele-slash guarding opponent.
    Like B2DS all small 'comedy' chars (kon and that girl) now take X2 dmg.
    Most chars have few specials/supers changed. For example - Kens Super A doesnot stack now. Ichido cant combo Super B in Super B. All Uryus special attacks now have dmg box (area there they hit) like in B2DS

And so on and so on.

PS
    srr about my Engrish

11. mixinluv2u
    OP

United States
    so i won't have to worry about running into an opponent playing japanese version of the game when i go online? that's good to hear. =)

the 2) bullet point, do you mean that you cannot block ground attacks (other than projectiles) when you are in mid-air? if so, i am familiar with this concept since it also applies in street fighters.

sounds like all the changes make it a much better game. =) since the topic at gamespot is dead now maybe we can start a new one here.

i will need to try the RF special with kenpachi again when i get home....

12. mixinluv2u
    OP

United States
    so i checked that kenpachi special (the dash and downward slash) performed with heavy attack, he dashed further but still does not turn yellow for me. it also doesn't use up my meter. is that not the same for you guys?

also i cannot combo an OTG after the light upward slash special, is that something they taken out during the import to the US version?

13. mixinluv2u
    OP

United States
    i guess not many people played both versions.... or people just arent' really into this game here?

14. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    I love the Japanese version, but from what I hear, I'd rather stay far away from the English version. Dubs suck, period.

15. david82794

Newcomer david82794 Member

United States
    what he said. there is also a rom that is a translated verison with out the dubs and has the jap voices its floating aroung in the cyber world. happy hunting!