Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
ok updated the banner, black dot on the yellow button has gone now, fixed the annoying slightly blue corners (not sure if anyone else noticed them, but they are gone anyway) and changed the sound to a less "farty" one :P

This is really cool!

Seeing this annoys me knowing that there's official licensed games on 3DS where the banner is just a lazy static image. They don't even put ANY effort in sometimes.

But you guys do!

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Your banner is flawless.
Plus the emulator is pretty good. In fullscreen you have some sound glitches, synchronisation just gone sometimes. Some colorloss and a lower framerate. But just by putting my hands on it I can feel all the amazing stuff you'll bring us in future versions!!
Good job guys!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Your banner is flawless.
Plus the emulator is pretty good. In fullscreen you have some sound glitches, synchronisation just gone sometimes. Some colorloss and a lower framerate. But just by putting my hands on it I can feel all the amazing stuff you'll bring us in future versions!!
Good job guys!
just to clarify, i have nothing to do with the development of Blargsnes, i just wanted to learn how to make the 3D banners, and seeing as I'm a big snes fan it was my first choice :P

glad people like it though, i would of liked the textures on it to be a bit better but it seems you have to be really limited on the texture sizes etc, model sizes are a bit restrictive too, but i think it looks pretty good now :)

Atross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't make the game in fullscreen ?
However, works perfectly in N3DS XL with Earthbound rom. :)

Edit: I said nothing, perfect ! :D

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently used BlargSnes 1.3 to play through the whole of E.V.O. Search for Eden, fun times!
However, now that I've beaten the game, for some reason it refuses to boot again. Could it be it doesn't like the Game Clear SRAM or something?

Greatforce

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got 9.5 EmuNAND and 9.0 SysNAND, and i use Gateway. Would i need anything more to play the Snes games? (Mainly interested in Super mario world) If i use CIA, would i just need to have BigblueMenu on Gateway? Do i install it on Gateway mode or Classic mode?

Lenan

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I got 9.5 EmuNAND and 9.0 SysNAND, and i use Gateway. Would i need anything more to play the Snes games? (Mainly interested in Super mario world) If i use CIA, would i just need to have BigblueMenu on Gateway? Do i install it on Gateway mode or Classic mode?

BigBlueMenu, Devmenu or BigRedMenu. You can only install it in GW mode since classic doesnt let you boot unsigned stuff (correct me if I'm wrong)

Retr0Capez

Gone and forgotten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love it, but ROM hacks that you have to apply the IPS to the SFC don't seem to work. When I try to load them, it either says "ROM Loading" forever or it just crashes to home menu.
Also, sleep support is availible for 2DS users with Ninjhax.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Love it, but ROM hacks that you have to apply the IPS to the SFC don't seem to work. When I try to load them, it either says "ROM Loading" forever or it just crashes to home menu.
Also, sleep support is availible for 2DS users with Ninjhax.
I do have a bunch of ips patched roms and they all works fine for me.

Maternalbound is working great too :P

Reactions: ShadowOne333

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
its probably because the mods use the special chips, basic SMW hacks *should* work ok, but anything that adds stuff like superFX features etc won't.....try some basic ones see if they work

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Is it because I created copys of Super Mario World (which I have the original in my rom list also) and then renamed them, and then patched them?
No, that should work.
Try in a pc snes emulator. If that don't work then it is your patches applied wrong, or the smw rom is not a clean one. Get it somewhere else, a cool place having clean roms *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.