Hacking Blank screen loading some PS2 ISO’s on Managunz.

TheRobman88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:p1ng:Hi there.

I have a jailbroke PS3 and use Managunz to play PS2 ISO’s.

However on some games (I’ve found The Getaway, Yakuza & Max Payne won’t load so far) I get a black screen after the PS2 logo has appeared on screen.

I’m just wondering if there is anything I can do or any settings I could tinker with to get those ISOs to work.

Other than that, some compatibility has been great & couldn’t knock it.

Cheers. :D

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I might be able to solve one of those games.

The Getaway Playable Playable ? Must have memory card assigned or freezes at black screen. Once it starts it's perfectly playable.

That means you need go into memory card settings and assign a memory card (create one if you haven't, then assigned to slot 1). Possibly it could even solve the other games as well.

However Yakuza while it does work you cannot play the game from beginning to end as it freezes up on a certain stage. There is not 100% compatibility for these games unless you have a backwards compatible PS3.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First, if you didn't know already: https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List - contributions welcome :)

Getting the PS2 logo to show (which comes, encrypted, from the disc image) rules out most common user error, leaving only corruption further in the iso or plain out incompatibility with the emulator (of which there are 3, if your console lacks PS2 hardware then it can only use ps2_netemu which can take "config" files which may improve compatibility, while they're for the most part black magic as far as the common user is concerned you may luck out and find a premade one for your games - Managunz's github repo in fact has a pack of them)

TheRobman88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies, should set me on the right track :D:D:D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a Fat PS3 which has 2 usb slots at the front so that means it’s not backwards compatible does it?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct you would need to see 4 usb ports for it to be a backwards compatible PS3, the compatibility list provided above shows which PS2 games you can or cannot play.

Reactions: Ryccardo

TheRobman88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's just that my PCSX2 emulation on my laptop can be rather laggy at times.

Also found PS1 version of Final Fantasy 7 doesn't load up. Might have to get a different region of the game to see if that would help. Also Doom crashed initially also PS1 BIN file.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are config files that can help with compatibility. They don't all work, but I've verified that it works on Battlefront 1 at least. Try your luck.

PKG of PS2 config files: https://www.psx-place.com/resources/ps2-config-database.796/

FF7 PSN version should work on PS3. Custom mulitdisk games seem to have trouble on PSP and PS3.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or more like...