'Blair Witch' gets first gameplay trailer

1500x500.jpg

Based on the movie franchise, Blair Witch is a first-person horror game heading to PCs and Xbox One next month and is developed by Bloober Team known for games like Layers of Fear and Observer. Today the devs released the first official gameplay trailer for their upcoming game showing features like:
  • Fan-favourite canine companion - Bullet
  • A look at some of the gameplay elements of the first-person psychological horror game: exploration, commands, combat, environmental interaction, and a taste of how players will interact with Bullet

Blair Witch is coming to the Xbox One and PC worldwide on August 30, 2019.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only took 20 years. This looks to be a laugher, just like the movie. Anyhow, I can’t wait for a switch port 10 years from now. That would be right in time for the 30 year anniversary of the “franchise”. I’ve got my eye on you, Nintendo.

Reactions: DeoNaught and hurrz

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I really hope it will support VR, can't find any info on if the PC version does. Kind of a shame that its Xbox and PC coz a PS4 and PC release would've most likely focused on VR. If you guys haven't played these type of game in VR you are missing on so much atmosphere its crazy!

Reactions: TheRealNGB

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a long time fan of the franchise, I don't have high hopes for this having a lot of replay value, or even being great, but it does look halfway decent, so I'll give it a shot if only to support the effort.

It seems like a great fit to translate to a survival horror game, I just feel like there are enough Slenderman clones out there, and without the multiplayer of a dead by daylight or zombie killing action of a resident evil they get pretty old quick.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The trailer looks good (bad acting notwithstanding (I love using that word)), but the zombie mutant streaker thing felt really out of place. Ruined it for me.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not a big fan of horror games as they tend to give the player almost zero control over how events unfold, but this one is looking halfway decent. If it turns out to be EGS exclusive, I'll immediately lose all interest, so hopefully the devs aren't that stupid.

Reactions: CORE and Shadowfied

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Everyone thinking it took a long time for Blair Witch to get a game... There are 3 previous games released in 2000 (and 2001 in Europe), just a heads up ;P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: