BLAH! More naruto fillers?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by xcalibur, Apr 18, 2008.

Apr 18, 2008

BLAH! More naruto fillers? by xcalibur at 6:54 AM (2,740 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. xcalibur
    OP

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    This is annoying... the first episode I've actually liked of Naruto since Sasuke VS Naruto pre-shippuuden, and they're starting up with fillers again?!

As you can see the new OP, although nice, has got some characters never mentioned in the manga. And the preview to the next episode means that they'll start next friday.
    Your thoughts?

2. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    I like how they teased us on episode 1, then spent 50-some episodes getting to it, just to go "HA! We still aren't going to do anything with the Naruto+Sasuke plot! MORE FILLER!".

[​IMG]

3. beautifulbeast

Member beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    I hope this is not the case. The last filler arch lasted for more thana year and made me loose any interest in the show. It was so lame.

Now I was starting to like it again. A shame.

4. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Guys. Sit down, shut up, and enjoy it. Do you know what Naruto filler now means? It means they're spacing it out. Putting the filler between the real story-arcs so they don't run out of material again. What would you prefer? A few filler episodes here and there between the manga arcs, or 2 more freaking years of straight filler at the end? They've learned from their mistakes and are pacing themselves, be grateful.

5. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    I stopped watching Naruto when I caught up with what was being aired at the time and I didn't want to wait 5 weeks for one battle to finish..
    Does it get better after the Gaara arc?

6. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Just be glad its not like Bleach, that appears to have a filler in the middle of the current story arc [​IMG].

7. DaRk_ViVi

Member DaRk_ViVi ...is everywhere!

Italy
    I haven't seen episode 166 of bleach, but the previous one wasn't a filler. °-°

However i stopped watching Naruto 3-4 episodes ago, the show is soooooo boring (fillers, a LOT of flashbacks, fights lasting for 1000 episodes), i prefer to read the manga scanlation.

@Ace Gunman: They have a lot of material, the manga is like 2-3 arcs later.

BTW -just for those who read the scanlations-

Warning: Spoilers inside!

8. iffy525

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

9. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Yeah, that's what they thought last time... and then before they knew it they had used up all the material and had to spend two years on filler waiting for the manga to create enough so it wouldn't happen like that again.

10. Dio

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    We would be better off with no filler at all. Don't they have reruns in Japan anyway? People can live without nairtoe. I don't understand why they absolutely need to have an episode once a week. Just give us a break.

No, I'm not trolling, I'm actually interested in Naruto. I'm still very disappointed with the rest of you though. If you really care so much to avoid filler and go on with the plot, then read the manga. I'm not going to read it until this series actually comes to an end.

11. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    were sorry this video is no longer available

12. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    Even though it's going to take about another hundred episodes or so to actually catch up with the manga (at the pace they were going), they still decide to give us fillers...

13. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    This is what happens to many animes when the series is thing freakin' long. I say, just wait another 10 years, and watch the whole thing from the beginning.

14. xcalibur
    OP

United Kingdom
    I have to go with AceGunman on this.
    The episodes have been REALLY slow paced lately which I guess was another method of slowing down the series so they wouldn't catch itself up.
    The last 10 episodes or so I haven't even bothered watching because it was so damn boring and I was sooo dissapointed how meeting Sasuke just turned out to be an episode full of flashbacks.
    I think thats why I liked this episode. Its back to the pace it used to be.

Though I would rather they just go a whole different direction with the anime a la Full Metal Alchemist, even if there are minor differences.

EDIT: got a working youtube link.
    I love this song [​IMG]

15. CrEsPo

Member CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm happy they're finally going to fillers. Naruto has been extremely annoying lately with how they're stretching out the episodes. Most of the time they would show a scene from like 10 different camera angles, have a character say something and then do another 10 different camera angles.

The fillers will at least be something fresh. The plot seems alright, from what the previews have shown. The good thing is that it doesn't seem like a rasengan marathon.

I love how Bleach stretched out their episodes. They just added more comedy from Nel, Pesche and Dondoro. They also had a short 3 episode filler which was nice. Short fillers are the best because they let the manga get further ahead while not being complete ongoing crap.

16. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    You can blame Tite for that one. Wasting so much time on the manga, spending about 10 weeks on one stupid fight nobody cares for, the anime's already at the fight before that one.

They had to put an entire filler arc in there so he can hurry up with his two months of flashbacks and the battle afterwords...

17. Masta_mind257

Member Masta_mind257 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You should consider yourself lucky, my mum watches these Indian dramas and they drag on with the funny camera effects and the face zooming, they change angles like half the time. I swear sitting through that is HELL.

18. xcalibur
    OP

United Kingdom
    XD I know what you mean. Its horrible.

19. Artheido

Member Artheido GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    If you don't like fillers, don't watch anime with a high number of episodes. That's why I stick to the

20. RiotShooter

Member RiotShooter GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the new episodes arent fillers, they are following the japanese manga. if u read it