Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Blade Recommends! TMNT
B.R. Issue #4
Blade Recommends
Here's the fourth in a series that I'll be calling Blade Recommends! I suddenly felt like doing this again, so here I am, doing it again. Most of you don't even know whatever the hell this is. This is a sort of mini-project of mine that copies the old GBAtemp Recommends project which recommended games on a weekly basis until it sort of just, died out.

This mini-project will deal with NDS, GBA, and perhaps retro (SNES, Atari and the like) games for now. I'll give the must-play titles, ranging from any kind or genre of games. All of them are certainly excellent games that everyone should definitely give a try.

Today, I'm recommending TMNT for the GBA. It's probably one of the most hidden of hidden gems on the GBA, considering the fact that it was based upon an extremely suckish movie. But don't judge this too early. This game is one helluva surprise. It's an arcade style beat-em-up in all it's shining glory. The gameplay is somewhat based from the early arcade Ninja Turtles games, however you can sense the amount of refinement put into this. It's controls and combos shine as much as classic beat-em-ups. It will just keep you trying to get high combos and achievements.

The presentation seems perfect to the spirit of the game. It's presented very much arcade style, employing nice colors and pixel art. It has great animation and some good effects. It pairs that with a nice soundtrack that fits the game decently. This is probably one of the best movie-to-game transitions ever made, since the rare occurrence of the game being better than the movie actually happened here. Definitely play it.[/p]
Blade Recommends!

TMNT

TMNT1.png
TMNT2.png
TMNT3.png
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaUQyefZqck[/youtube]​
About said:
The Ninja Turtles are no longer confined to sewer system and are now both above and below ground in the world. Strange events have been occurring in New York City fast-moving shadows, strange star alignments, and creatures attacking the city. Is the wealthy and mysterious industrialist Max Winters involved? The city needs the Turtles now more that ever, but they are in their most trying time as heroes and as a family. While Leonardo was away on a special training mission his brothers Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael became lost and directionless. With the city and family at stake, it's up to Leonardo with Zen Master Splinter to restore unity and ninja discipline to the Turtles.
GBA #2719 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (USA)
Genre: Action
Developer: Ubisoft
Publisher: Ubisoft
Dumped On: 18/03/2007
ROM Size: 64Mbits[/p]
Release Thread
Wikipedia Page
IGN Review (8.5)
Gamespot Review (8.1)
Official Website[/p]

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nice one!
smile.gif
Keep these coming, I like it!
I suggest you add links to the previous B.R issues
wink.gif
(Can only find this #4 and #1)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Will be checking this out. Was a major TMNT fan when younger, but skipped this title because it looked like it was based around the newish movie, and movie games tend to blow hard. Thanks for the heads-up, and cowabunga, dude.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night