Blackscreen/ lock up when trying to launch NeoGamma?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Felix-The-Cat, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Felix-The-Cat
    OP

Newcomer Felix-The-Cat Newbie

United States
    OK, so I have an older system that has been softmodded for some time and works perfect. Of course, my mom then wanted one at her home for when my kids are down there so we got a new console recently. This is a USA NTSC unit and it came with 4.2 already on it. I believe I followed the softmod guide as directed but I have an issue launching NeoGamma.

When I go into the HomeBrew Channel and then click on NeoGamma and then select LAUNCH the screen goes black and the system locks up. Power is still on but remotes and reset do not work. I have to hold the power button for several seconds to power the console off.

This is the same whether there is a disc in the console or not. This occurs every time I click launch on NeoGamma from HomeBrew Channel.

Before I go trying random things and reach a point where I am totally lost and don't remember what was changed to what and where and end up with a mess I figured I would see if anyone had a direct resolution to this or idea. I have 3 young kids and it is difficult to find time for this stuff as it is, let alone gambling on what to try, lol.

I know someone will prolly drill me and tell me to search for the answer. I have tried to search using key words "neogamma black screen" and many other combos and if a thread already exists, I am sorry but I am missing it.

Thanks

2. elmariachi

Member elmariachi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Perhaps it's a system with the new DVD drive ?

That drive can't read burned DVD's no more, no matter what softmod there is on the system ... however it does work with USB devices.

3. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    The wiis with the new dvds drives that cant load dvd-r discs can still load neogamma though.

I've installed neogamma on some of them ive hacked to see if burnt games could be played.Neogamma will still load but will give an error when attempting to play a burnt game.

4. Felix-The-Cat
    OP

Newcomer Felix-The-Cat Newbie

United States

Exactly. it IS possible this unit has the D3-2 drive but I need to get a backup launcher installed so I can find out. Then move to USB loading if needed.