Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

click to enlarge​

If you're a Call of Duty fan living in Germany, prepare for censorship. PCGames.de (via The Big Download) is reporting that the upcoming Black Ops will ship with content cuts.

Steam is also clamping down on those who might want to circumvent the cuts by downloading an international version. Anyone who purchases Black Ops at retail or online will have to get their version authorized, and Steam will not activate versions from the US or UK.

However, an Activision rep has confirmed that German players will be able to purcahse the Austrian version. It is not clear at this time whether it will share the cuts found in the German version (via Joystiq).

Black Ops will be out November 9.
[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I'm still wondering what's gonna get cut. I don't know how much they cut from MW2 (especially with the controversy in the shooting innocent people thing) but I'm not a fan of major game censorship. Well, most gamers aren't. Sorry German Tempers.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
However, an Activision rep has confirmed that German players will be able to purcahse the Austrian version. It is not clear at this time whether it will share the cuts found in the German version (via Joystiq).

If any other country is likely to share the cuts, it's Australia. Censorship can be a bit extreme there, sometimes.

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
QUOTE said:

If any other country is likely to share the cuts, it's Australia. Censorship can be a bit extreme there, sometimes.

I'm sure the people of Austria will keep that in mind.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
QUOTE said:

Its not Australia its Austria that country next to Germany.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MahouMaster said:
TM2-Megatron said:
QUOTE said:

Ah read too quickly, lol.

Never understood censorship, personally. Most of Europe already gets ripped off financially on games compared to North America; stripping (even the most marginal) content at the same time seems almost criminal.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Infinite Zero said:
mellow.gif

Question though, why does Germany implement censored version of shooter games like these?
wtf.gif
rofl.gif

Reminds me of this:

Rydian said:
ProtoKun7 said:
QUOTE(TwinRetro @ Oct 31 2010, 09:26 PM) Holy crap, can we please resize that pic?
What's wrong with it?

It's a large image itself, but it's resized automatically.
Your browser still needs to download the entire image's data though.
I know.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
MahouMaster said:
TM2-Megatron said:
QUOTE said:

Whoopsie, I misread that at first, too.

However, I still won't be surprised if Australia gets the game censored, too. The gamers down under have it pretty rough when it comes to game bans.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)