Hacking Black

Veraci

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started with a 4.1 virgin system, and I've followed the directions listed here for soft-modding my Wii. Everything seemed to go through just fine...all the IOS seemed to mod ok using WAD Manager 1.4, and even when I installed a few WAD's they went to the Wii System Menu ok too.

However when I click on Start for any of the WAD channels, my screen turns black and the Wii Remotes just blink 4 lights upon pressing any button. The only way to fix this state is to pull the power cord out to restart.

D

Deleted-119707

perhaps bad wads? uninstall the using wadmanager and get the wads from a reliable source. what wad is it?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means either a corrupt wad file or that you put the wrong kind of file on it. or named something wrong. if you used wadder well then it's likely a corrupt wad....... just try from the start with a base wad supplied for wadder that is supported for it. I advise one of the earlier illegal versions of wadder for it's basewad to use with the newer versions...

Veraci

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verified that they weren't bad wads as I found new, fresh copies of the same wad and tried again... same symptoms. I'm stumped.

I'm thinking I should start everything over again, but I'm unsure how to get my Wii back into a non-modding state

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ensure you have the IOS the game uses installed. What you described is what happens it tries to run a nonexistant ios. IIRC, theres a download program that will let you download IOS files for you to install direct from nintendos servers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs