Hacking Black wii hackable now

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Unless there has been some dramatic progress with the D3-2 drive then no it can't. USB Loaders are the way forward anyhoo. Either that route or buy yourself a D2C (or equivalent) drive if you requre disc loading

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
morcar said:
does it read the dvd-r discs too ?

It has been hackable since the day it hit the store shelves.

From what i hear the European Black Wii's have the D3-2 Drive in them so they will not be able to play disk backups.

However they can play backups via a USB Hard drive using a USB Loader like USB Loader GX, Wiiflow....etc...

D

Deleted User

Nah it doesn't read from backup discs (think that's down to actual hardware), but you can run homebrew fine, which means you can run backups from any of the USB loaders.
happy.gif

note: softmod it the same way you would any other 4.1 system (4.1 is what my black wii came with). Also you can't install bootmii into boot2 as it has the new boot1 etc but you probly knew that, lol.

morcar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
cheers guys for the quick reply and thanks for the info.

Sad cuz he dont want to go for the external HD way (silly if you ask me). I guess he will get an older version of the wii too now

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
morcar said:
cheers guys for the quick reply and thanks for the info.

Sad cuz he dont want to go for the external HD way (silly if you ask me). I guess he will get an older version of the wii too now

It's not just the black Wiis that have the new drive. Newer white ones do also. You may be lucky and find some old stock somewhere...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You could also try uLoader 3.5 and above...it has support for USB DVD-Drives, so you can plug in a DVD-Drive via USB, and play the Disc from it. At least this is what they tell you. I can't test it.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A D2C, D2A, or DMS drive goes for $80 or so, and I've seen D2B for $69.

Don't bother to sell the D3-2 on ebay, no one buys them. There a few on ebay recently that didn't get any bids.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1