OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey all,
I know you're all excited to play Black/White just as I am but I have a question...
Knowing that Black/White will have new pokemon does that mean that it will not be able to communicate with other NDS pokemon games?
(As in, trades or battling and all that.)

G

geenlung

As in pokemon GSC, only pokemon that existed in the previous versions (RBY) as well as items, moves, forms, etc. may interact. This of course is complete speculation. Seeing the box art is for a NDS cartridge, I highly doubt a PalPark mechanism will be used because the DS/DSL do not have sufficient memory to hold a save between cartridge transfer.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Well i hope it can and i cant

i think u should be able to trade over the old ones but you cannot catch any of the previous 497 in black and white

fresh start

loads of new Pokemon to gawk over

happy.gif

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doeo said:
Hey all,
I know you're all excited to play Black/White just as I am but I have a question...
Knowing that Black/White will have new pokemon does that mean that it will not be able to communicate with other NDS pokemon games?
(As in, trades or battling and all that.)

don't think u can communicate with games like d/p/pt but maybe in hg/ss cuz its kinda new and Pokemon co. might have played to trade pokemon over to hg/ss . my guess

quezcotl

Trophies
XP
Country
the white pokemons will be able to communicate and trade.
the black however will not, they live in small tribes and might use violence when confused.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pong20302000 said:
Well i hope it can and i cant

i think u should be able to trade over the old ones but you cannot catch any of the previous 497 in black and white

fresh start

loads of new Pokemon to gawk over

happy.gif

You mean loads of new pokemon to cry over, once you realize Nintendo stopped caring about the quality of pokemon a long time ago? >_>

Actually on topic, you probably will be able to communicate with previous games. It hasn't been much of a problem before in the pokemon series as far as i remember. You just obviously couldn't trade over the new pokemans (not that you'd ever want to).

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If the game's made on the same console (and in this case it is) you WILL be able to trade over Pokémon from DPPt and HGSS. If you're lucky (or not, depends on how you look at it) the Pokémon Company might include Pal Park again.

All of this just because Nintendo wants more money by making you buy all games to be able to get all Pokémon. They'll include some kind of GTS though so you can still get Pokémon from other games if you've already seen them at least once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?