Black & White PAL Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Haloman800, Jul 17, 2010.

Jul 17, 2010

Black & White PAL Games by Haloman800 at 8:05 PM (4,355 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    I've just recently downloaded the PAL version of Chicken Blaster, it was the only one I could find, and my mom really wants me to get it.

When I load it in WiiFlow, I get a black & white screen, this is true when the video is in Default, NTSC, & PAL 60Hz, PAL 50Hz & Auto Patch goes to a black screen with the error message "define LOCALIZATION_US or set NDEV to EU mode" , from there I have to unplug my Wii to turn it off.

------

Is there a way to fix this? I've Google'd it but haven't gotten an answer or a program.

Any info is much appreciated.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Do you get this
    "define LOCALIZATION_US or set NDEV to EU mode"
    from the game or from WiiFlow? If it's WiiFlow, just use another loader. If it's the game, i think you have a problem.

3. Haloman800
    OP

United States
    Sorry for taking so long; When I tried to run the game through WiiFlow, I got that error.

4. WiiPower

Germany
    So it's an error from WiiFlow? Hmm, then you need to find out if it works with correct colors in other loaders. If not, you can save any further effort, it won't work in WiiFlow either then. I recommend trying Configurable usb loader, video mode NTSC480i and video mode patches to all/full(whatever it is called there).

5. Haloman800
    OP

United States
    I'm downloading what is suppose to be a patched version for NTSC, I'm going to test that out, if it doesn't work I'll report back and try Configurable USB Loader.

Thanks for your help so far.

6. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    I take it you don't have a PAL capable TV?

7. Haloman800
    OP

United States
    @Lumstar, that doesn't help or tell me anything. I didn't even know, and am still not sure that's how it works. I'm pretty sure if I had a PAL Wii this game would work.

---

@WiiPower, the new ISO didn't work, still black and white. I guess I should be thankful that it at least plays, but I'm going to go test out the Configurable loader you were talking about.

8. WiiPower

Germany
    NTSC and PAL Wiis aren't really different, the system menu is different, but that should be it. And that doesn't really matter when using a loader.(the language setting is important for some games) The problem is that your tv doesn't support PAL tv signals, i thought you know that.