Hacking Black screens not just limited to the backup loader?

Zerxer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else experienced black screens anywhere (other than the backup loader with certain games) after installing all the needed items for it? I thought it was weird that the backup loader would sometimes load a game for me but then the next time it'd be a black screen with the Wii completely frozen (have to hold in the power button). Why would it work sometimes and not the other?

So the other day I tried going into my Wii settings since I took my Wii out in the living room, I wanted to quickly change my widescreen and sensor bar location settings. When I tried to get into the settings, the screen went completely black just like the loader would and I couldn't do anything; had to shut the Wii off manually. I got kinda scared at first, thought some files messed it up, but the next time I tried it loaded fine, so I didn't think much of it.

I just now got done playing a Zelda: Ocarina of Time WAD file, but not because I was actually *done* playing. I got killed right after entering the deku tree's mouth and it asked if I wanted to save so I hit Yes and then it asked if I wanted to continue and again I chose Yes. Right after that, the screen went completely black with the Wii completely locked up. Had to manually shut it off once more.

So the cIOS and dvdx stuff that we have to install for the backup loader, can it cause issues like this? I've never had a black screen problem before it and we all know the black screens are very common with the backup loader but why are they now showing up elsewhere?

NTSC-U Wii with 3.3U, before anyone asks for whatever reason. Nothing other than the above mentioned stuff and the homebrew channel are installed (other than some other VC wads).

walloftextuy6.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Same Wii doing funny stuff sometimes too, on the homebrew channel kinda do a little jumps, and the music over the main page of the Wii sometimes get to loud for a few seconds and then go back to normal, I believe it is the cIOS cause non of this happens before

Zerxer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I went ahead and ordered a modchip last night so once that gets here I am going to uninstall all the backup loader stuff. Hopefully it doesn't leave any of its changes in anywhere and everything goes back to how it was.

daytonajesse

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
only thing I have noticed so far is with the sound. When the wii menu first shows up after a reboot, the initial loud spot of music does not blend properly into the main theme. This does not happen every time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1