Black Screens after loading

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AdamTheZombie, May 11, 2009.

May 11, 2009
  1. AdamTheZombie
    OP

Newcomer AdamTheZombie Advanced Member

United States
    Hey guys, I've been a creeper for a while but this is my first post. Hope it isn't a noob question.

I have a handful of working backups but a few back ups will only load into a black screen where the disk just keep trying to load (indicated by a light 'whirr' sound every few seconds.). These titles thus far would be Super Paper Mario and Twilight Princess. I did my homework and discovered both games require the IOS21 update and even though i had it installed, i reinstalled it and still no luck. It loads in to blackness every time. Anyone know a fix? I would appreciate the help!

I use Wiigator and have about 5 or so different IOS's already installed. Do i perhaps need to uninstall a conflict IOS?

-AtZ

2. oxMUDxo

Member oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    First try deleating and reinstalling the games it sounds like a cruped game, this happend to me..

Also theres cIOS36 rev10 out its the newest cIOS that may help..

3. AdamTheZombie
    OP

United States
    Thanks but I just looked that CIOS up and it seems to be for the USB loader... I'm using DVD burns. I've burned them the same way as my others but it seems like these few games just get black screens.

4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    cIOS is also for the disc loaders.

5. invisable

Newcomer invisable Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I know it seems like I silly question but what region are the games ? My pal wii does the same when i try to run american idol games (wikey v1 installed) only way i can get it to run is using gecko os, these are is the only ntsc games i own which have to run through gecko os.

6. AdamTheZombie
    OP

United States
    Not silly at all... The download of the backup said that it was NTSC, but to be honest... maybe it's PAL... I'll try forcing PAL in WiiGator and get back to you... Also, I will try that CIOS he recommended.

7. AdamTheZombie
    OP

United States
    No Avail... WiiGator tried to force boot it in to NTSC, PAL60, and PAL50 and it just kept kicking it out to the main WiiGator menu... When i run the WiiGator channel it goes to black. ACK! Also, anone happen to read my problem with Animal Crossing? That game loads up fine but I get a blue screen with MR Resetti telling me that the Disc can not be read. Its a clean perfect disc. Whats wrong with these burns? The other 7 i have work just perfect.

8. AdamTheZombie
    OP

United States
    I have Gamma, btw. I dont know if that helps... I looked up a compatibility chart and it says neoGamma should work... it doesn't. I have the latest Cios36 Rev10 and still nothing.

9. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    If 7 of your backups work, then you are doing everything right, so it must be a problem with either the ISO or the burn. Try to use high quality dvd-r such as Verbatim (only type I use), or TDK. Brands like Maxell are always on sale, but are total crap, and result in a lot of coasters. I use Nero 6 to burn the image to disc at 4x speed. Some people will say that burn speed doesn't matter, but with Wii games I find it does. If you don't feel like investing in a large hard drive, I'd still recommend using a 2-8gb pocket drive with a USB loader to test your games before burning them to dvd. There's a good chance your ISOs are simply corrupt, or you are trying to play a PAL region on a NTSC console (vice versa).

Try downloading Regionfrii. Open your ISO and see if the game's region matches that of your console. If not, choose your region and patch the ISO before burning.