Hacking Black screen with some games

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,071
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, here's the deal. I'm on 4.0U, all IOSes are trucha-bugged, I have a modchip, Gecko OS and USB Loader, cIOS36 rev10.

When I got my Manhunt 2 backup, which is unmodified, it runs perfectly. But when I uncensor it using this guide by judgeX, burnt it using Sony DVD-R, and tried it from both Gecko OS and Disc Channel, it goes to black screen as soon as I boot it. Same thing happens when I try to launch it from Coverfloader.

Okay, it doesn't work. So I tried manually patching it using this guide by Mr. O. Same thing happens. Black screen with USB Loader.

So.......... ummmm, halp?

Well, there's this other game, SimCity Creator. It isn't touched, but everytime when I try to play it, it fails, goes into black screen in Gecko OS, Backup Launcher (Yea.... why would I need that
tongue.gif
) and Disc Channel. I haven't tried burning it again, but I'll do it if required.

Thanks in Advance.

D

Deleted User

OP
Shameless bump
frown.gif
. Here's a few more info:

1)I'm using Sony DVD-Rs. Ones with teh Accucore

2)My burner is 2 years old.

3)Using IMGBurn to burn discs and using AWS (Auto Write Setting)

Oh, if you ask why am I using disc when I have USB Loader, that is because, I just have too many DVD-Rs and don't know what to do with them
tongue.gif

On a serious note, it's a mistake of mine to use a DVD. I know, I shouldn't. But somehow I did without further thinking
sleep.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Modchip + patching discs, let's see if it's one of the smarter modchip users...

Is your IOS36 trucha capable?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mr.O said:
I agree, don't update the system! The recent firmware update will definately disable this exploit!

But if you haven't updated your firmaware yet: IT WORKS REALLY WELL ! I just modiefied Manhunt 2 to work uncensored!
Just open RHTE54/root/global/levelSetup.ini

and replace
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# [GK] execution colour ramp options: flash fadein (sec), flash duration (sec), flash fadeout time (sec)
EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE FE_execramps
EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FLASH_TIMES 0.05, 0.05, 0.1
EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FADE_TIME 5.0

with

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# [GK] execution colour ramp options: flash fadein (sec), flash duration (sec), flash fadeout time (sec)
EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE
EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FLASH_TIMES 200, 0.6, 0.3
EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FADE_TIME 5.0

Trust me, now the game makes a lot more sense to me... damn this is gore...

Change:
EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE FE_execramps
To:
EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE
???
Sorry to me it looks like there's something missing after EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE. Do you find any hints on "FE_execramps" some file or as string inside the .dol? If yes is there some other name you could insert there? Some FE_xxx or whatever.

And to test this theory you could test what happens if you only patch the EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FLASH_TIMES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/