Black screen with some games

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by afif95, Jun 10, 2009.

Jun 10, 2009

Black screen with some games by afif95 at 4:42 AM (1,516 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. afif95
    OP

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    Okay, here's the deal. I'm on 4.0U, all IOSes are trucha-bugged, I have a modchip, Gecko OS and USB Loader, cIOS36 rev10.

When I got my Manhunt 2 backup, which is unmodified, it runs perfectly. But when I uncensor it using this guide by judgeX, burnt it using Sony DVD-R, and tried it from both Gecko OS and Disc Channel, it goes to black screen as soon as I boot it. Same thing happens when I try to launch it from Coverfloader.

Okay, it doesn't work. So I tried manually patching it using this guide by Mr. O. Same thing happens. Black screen with USB Loader.

So.......... ummmm, halp?

Well, there's this other game, SimCity Creator. It isn't touched, but everytime when I try to play it, it fails, goes into black screen in Gecko OS, Backup Launcher (Yea.... why would I need that [​IMG]) and Disc Channel. I haven't tried burning it again, but I'll do it if required.

Thanks in Advance.

2. afif95
    OP

Malaysia
    Shameless bump [​IMG]. Here's a few more info:

1)I'm using Sony DVD-Rs. Ones with teh Accucore

2)My burner is 2 years old.

3)Using IMGBurn to burn discs and using AWS (Auto Write Setting)

Oh, if you ask why am I using disc when I have USB Loader, that is because, I just have too many DVD-Rs and don't know what to do with them [​IMG].

On a serious note, it's a mistake of mine to use a DVD. I know, I shouldn't. But somehow I did without further thinking [​IMG]

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Modchip + patching discs, let's see if it's one of the smarter modchip users...

Is your IOS36 trucha capable?

4. afif95
    OP

Malaysia
    Yea, it is.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Change:
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE FE_execramps
    To:
    EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE
    ???
    Sorry to me it looks like there's something missing after EXECUTION_COLRAMP_TEXTURE. Do you find any hints on "FE_execramps" some file or as string inside the .dol? If yes is there some other name you could insert there? Some FE_xxx or whatever.

And to test this theory you could test what happens if you only patch the EXECUTION_COLRAMP_FLASH_TIMES.