Black screen with audio when running a PAL game in DIOS MIOS?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by jereb, Apr 29, 2013.

1. jereb
    OP

jereb Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2012
    United States
    Just as the title says. I've been trying to run a PAL version of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, but it gives me a black screen. However, I can still hear the audio, and if I press buttons I can hear the menu sounds. I'm assuming this problem is due to it being a PAL game, seeing as I've never had anything like this happen before, and have never tried to play a PAL game on my NTSC Wii before. I'm using CFG USB loader, and I tried messing around with the settings, but nothing seemed to work. Anyone got any ideas of how I might fix this?

2. OneUp

OneUp GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2008
    United States
    If you are using a SDTV, you need these settings for the game: Force NTSC, VIDTV ON.

3. jereb
    OP

jereb Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2012
    United States
    I'm actually using an HDTV. Sorry, probably should have put that in the first post. I also have my Wii running in 480p with component cables, if that matters as well.

4. OneUp

OneUp GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2008
    United States
    Hm I'm not sure then. You might try running in 480i or try Force NTSC480p as well.(maybe VidTV on too, but I think what it fixes was mainly for SDTVs) I haven't tested many PAL games in 480p as I only recently got component cables.

5. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I'm pretty sure you always have to Force NTSC for PAL games, interlaced or not.

6. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    I've had trouble with PAL Skies of Arcadia on US Wii w/ DIOS MIOS. It will run, but I had to mess with the settings a lot and only one particular setting worked. Sorry, I don't rememeber the particular setting, it was a few months ago.