Black Screen With 3DS Games on O3DS CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Haze_, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Haze_
    OP

Haze_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    Canada
    I have installed Pokemon Moon 3 times through FBI and once through Freeshop and each time I am stuck at the same problem. When I boot up the game, I get the 3DS logo splash screen and then a frozen black screen. I have to hold the power button to shut down the 3DS. I read that it could be a RAM issue with new games so I waited 2-5 minutes and I still had the problem.

Not sure if this detail helps or is another problem as a whole. But I tried running a new 3DS title (Fire Emblem Fates) using a retail game cartridge and when I load the game I just get stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" splash screen. So I tried older 3DS retail game cartridges like Pokemon Y and Super Mario 3D Land and they all loaded fine.

I am running Sys 11.2.0-35U with Luma 6.6 / AL9H.

I will include a picture of my SD card's root if that gives you any idea or help to see if anything is missing.

Side note - I am new to 3DS modding so please bare with me and explain everything very detailed.

Attached Files:

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    I'm working fine with same set up

3. Haze_
    OP

Haze_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    Canada
    Thank you for replying,

I wanted to be sure that it was not only Pokemon. I tried another title (Kirby Fighters Deluxe) and that worked fine. But that's a DSware game so I installed Kirby Planet Robobot. With Kirby Platnet Robobot I get stuck at the flashing "Nintendo 3DS" logo.

I read on these forums that all you have to do to fix that is use the eShop to repair the game. But the eShop has the same problem as Kirby. It gets stuck on the 3DS logo... Most people who have a similar problem as me are just not updated to the latest system update.

Is it possible that my update could have went wrong? When I check for a System update it starts downloading as if there is one even though I'm updated to the latest version. I get "An error has occurred. Unable to update. The system will now be restarted"

4. Haze_
    OP

Haze_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    Canada
    UPDATE:
    For anyone who has a weird problem like me this was my solution.

I always found it strange how everyone fixed their same problem as me by just updating their 3DS sys firmware since I was already on the latest version.
    Like I said early, when I tried to update my 3DS to confirm I was on the latest version it would give me a error and reboot. It got me thinking maybe there was a problem when I was updating from sys 9.2.0 to the latest version. I decided to just restore from a backup NAND.bin (Just before the system update) and redo the process. Sure enough, after updating and reinstalling all my cia's/games. This time all the games booted up without a problem.

This issue was probably one of a kind... Or I messed up on something stupid. Regardless, to anyone who views this post and has a similar problem as I did. I hope it gets it fixed soon!

Quantumcat likes this.