Hacking Black screen when loading app from HBC (4.3E)

Jankr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hey guys ... i registered on this site becouse i know a lot of good people (console users ) use it...
My problem is...:
one day my laser started to havea major problem with reading discs(doesnt mean it doesnt read discs): i couldnt get a service so i decided to switch from wiikey 2 to soft mod...
I have a 4.3E wii, and since i found out that Twilight hack and bannerbomb doesnt work i decided for " Indiana PWNS "(which booted regardless to bad laser-thank god) and installed homebrew channel and BootMii.My intention was to instal USBloader gx (looked promising and kewl) i had 2 options: to instal wad manager and install .wad USBloader gx OR to launch it from HBC. I tried instaling wad manager . after some troubles, i managed to get it to appear in the HBC menu, but

when i clicked "LOAD" i just saw loading bar finished and there was black screen. i thought there was problem with wad manager, so I Putted Gx usbloader (.dol) in the apps folder to load it directly from HBC. it appeared on menu, but the problem was the same...
can SOMEONE PLEASE help me ????

i really need help. i would really appriciate any help i can get.. and im new in this so try to explain so ill understand...(well im not dumb but i dont have diploma in softmodding-been using wiikey for years without problem.)
cheers
yaywii.gif

WII RULES (wanna play Shadows tail - but laser fails to load it a loads of times
biggrin.gif
)

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all you have is HBC and Bootmii....? if so....you need to follow a proper mod guide...there's more to modding that just those....try either 'Modmii' or 'Modify Any Wii 4.3 or below'...(either will get you to where you want to go)...just skip the steps about installing HBC and bootmii since you got that far already....

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It sounds like you need to install a cIOS249. You can download the cIOS installer or the cIOS in wad form using modmii. Chances are your current 249 is stubbed, so u need to either delete the stub249 first, or overwrite it using an IOS with the version patch (ie. IOS236 or IOS250). If you continue to have problems, use ModMii's Wizard to help u install a patched IOS236 using the IOS236 Installer as well as installing recommended cIOSs. In fact, I recommend u tell the ModMii Wizard that your Wii is a virgin (even though its not) so it will upgrade all your softmods and ensure u have the proper brick protection in place.

Jankr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
XFlak said:
It sounds like you need to install a cIOS249. You can download the cIOS installer or the cIOS in wad form using modmii. Chances are your current 249 is stubbed, so u need to either delete the stub249 first, or overwrite it using an IOS with the version patch (ie. IOS236 or IOS250). If you continue to have problems, use ModMii's Wizard to help u install a patched IOS236 using the IOS236 Installer as well as installing recommended cIOSs. In fact, I recommend u tell the ModMii Wizard that your Wii is a virgin (even though its not) so it will upgrade all your softmods and ensure u have the proper brick protection in place.

Dude really thanx... but...i dont know the hell your talking 'bout =( i would REALLY ask you to do like... step by step, or stuf... cuz u know ? this wass my first time and i only installed HBC with Indiana PWNZ. is Modwii like used to instal cIOS's (whatever that is ) ?? so plz explain or do something like tutorial for dummies.
Other than that i realy thank you for your help.

Jankr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
brausm08 said:
all you have is HBC and Bootmii....? if so....you need to follow a proper mod guide...there's more to modding that just those....try either 'Modmii' or 'Modify Any Wii 4.3 or below'...(either will get you to where you want to go)...just skip the steps about installing HBC and bootmii since you got that far already....

I have putted wad manager and usb loader gx in apps folder (formal like im suppose to) and it showed on HBC (with description and banner...). But when i click "LOAD " it goes to black screen =(

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do you have an internet connection set up on the wii? If so, only load your app after the icon in the bottom stops blinking.

What IOS is your HBC running on? (Press Home -> Top right)

Jankr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tj_cool said:
Do you have an internet connection set up on the wii? If so, only load your app after the icon in the bottom stops blinking.

The form in the right upper corner is : 1.0.8
IOS58 v24.32

And I do have internet connection and if i connect the thing stops blinking but i think i have already tried that (saw that solution at other forums) but thx anyway for that. And .... at " IOS "5" 8 " the "5" might be S (well probably IS 5) ... its hard to tell due to sucky tV
tongue.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
tj_cool said:

It shouldn't matter if he has an internet connection set up or not. Wad Managers do not have the no_ios_reload arguement in the meta.xml so it would not be affected by the HBC network init. bug (with the exception of the latest version of MMM's Wad Manager if downloaded from somewhere other than ModMii)... and even if it was that problem, it wouldn't black screen, it would give a stack dump or dsi error.

To me it sounds like he has HBC v1.06 or lower installed to a patched IOS36. In which case, the OP could probably solve his problem by running ModMii's hackmii solutions feature. Basically all it will do is help install a non-fakesigned IOS58 then reinstall the latest HBC to use the newly installed IOS58.

But I can almost guarantee that if the OP were to use ModMii's hackmii solutions feature it would solve his problem.

edit: based on the above post which I didn't see until now.... I am stumped... If I were the OP I would still follow ModMii's hackmii solutions guide to reinstall the HBC... but his current settings should be working fine... hopefully just a fresh install fixes it. I would try running ANY app from the HBC, try something other than the 2 that are giving u problems.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak said:
It shouldn't matter if he has an internet connection set up or not. Wad Managers do not have the no_ios_reload arguement in the meta.xml so it would not be affected by the HBC network init. bug (with the exception of the latest version of MMM's Wad Manager if downloaded from somewhere other than ModMii)... and even if it was that problem, it wouldn't black screen, it would give a stack dump or dsi error.
I suggested this because I myself have had this problem, and on ALL apps, not only the no_ios_reload ones. And with a black screen, no DSI error.

Anyway, re-installing the HBC won't do anything bad, so it's worth a try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)