Black Screen Upon Loading HBL via. Haxchi After Using HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by fl123, Jul 9, 2018.

1. fl123
    OP

fl123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2018
    Canada
    Hello,

I'm new to the Wii U homebrew scene and bought a used Wii U with 5.5.2 firmware. I just installed Haxchi and set it up to launch the Homebrew Launcher (v1.3) by default. However, I found that whenever I applied "Apply Patches" on HID to VPAD (v0.9j) and then launched Haxchi to re-enter the HBL after HID to VPAD sends me back to the Wii U Menu, Haxchi freezes into a black screen. I have to press and hold the power buttons on both my GamePad and console to unfreeze them.

I am trying to use an old DualShock 3 as a Wii U Pro Controller. In HID to VPAD, the application recognizes my controller without a problem.

I also noticed a similar post (gbatemp.net/threads/hid-to-vpad-freezes-on-loading-haxchi.495918/). However, when I tried reading the last post where OP solved his problem, I do not understand what steps he took. I do not believe my Haxchi was set up to launch something when pressing Home.

Would you guys happen to know why this is happening? If I also forgot to put some other important information, please let me know and I can update my post.

Thanks.

Last edited by fl123, Jul 9, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice