Hacking Black screen trying to play original PAL Wii Sports Resort on 3.2e

RedDread

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm having infuriating trouble trying to play an original WSR PAL disc on my softmodded PAL Wii 3.2e. I used the Twilight hack to install Starfall, Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher. I try to play WSR through the disc channel and just get a black screen. I've read that other people haven't had this issue with the exact same setup as I have and that the Motion Plus video just plays and the game starts as normal. I have Starfall disabling disk updates. Could this be why the game is crashing? I'm becoming increasingly annoyed by it, that's for sure!

Does anyone know how to fix this issue, because I'm trying to find it in various forums and am getting confused by the sheer number of preloaders, channels, configurations and such that I don't even know whether I need or not! I don't want to brick my Wii, obviously.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

J...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Use an app called WUFE, it will extract the update partition of the game, then use Wad Manager to install the IOSes 38-53-55, only one is needed I think it is 55 but better to install them all so no new game give you this problem again...!!
smile.gif

RedDread

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Use an app called WUFE, it will extract the update partition of the game, then use Wad Manager to install the IOSes 38-53-55, only one is needed I think it is 55 but better to install them all so no new game give you this problem again...!!
smile.gif

Thanks. I'll do that now.

This may be a silly question, but what do I do with the update partition of the game once it's extracted?

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RedDread said:
Hi,

I'm having infuriating trouble trying to play an original WSR PAL disc on my softmodded PAL Wii 3.2e. I used the Twilight hack to install Starfall, Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher. I try to play WSR through the disc channel and just get a black screen. I've read that other people haven't had this issue with the exact same setup as I have and that the Motion Plus video just plays and the game starts as normal. I have Starfall disabling disk updates. Could this be why the game is crashing? I'm becoming increasingly annoyed by it, that's for sure!

Does anyone know how to fix this issue, because I'm trying to find it in various forums and am getting confused by the sheer number of preloaders, channels, configurations and such that I don't even know whether I need or not! I don't want to brick my Wii, obviously.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

J...

hi m8 try preloader and launch with ios 30 im sure thats what i did

RedDread

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorted it! Thanks for the help everyone! I installed cIOS 38 v14, then installed Ios' 38, 53 and 55. Works like a charm!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4