Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I have won a wii
smile.gif
now i would like the softmod the wii console. I had a wii softmod before with the twilight hack etc. But this time that won`t work.

About the Wii
The serialnumber of the Wii is: LEF121+
FW: was 3.4E is now 4.0E
Installed: HBC 1.0.3

Ok here is the story, when the wii had firmware 3.4E i tried the twilight hack the install the HBC end an backuploader. I then had installed HBC 8 beta en updated the HBC to 1.0.1
So I tried to install the backuploader (followed the tutorials on the internet) but that didn`t work. Every time the wii stuck are i get a black screen and the remote controller goes off.
So i hoped when i updated my wii to 4.0E that the problem of the black screen etc maby was fixed, but i wasn`t.

Now i only have the HBC 1.0.3. on my wii and every time i try the wadmanager (v1.4) are a preloader (v0.29) it stuck are i get a black screen. And then i can not install the backuploader to play backups.

I here someone that can help me to fix the problem? (i have read somewhere that the black screen is a sort of a fake brick¿ is that true?)
I hoped people at GBAtemp can help me out? at dutch forms they don`t no the problem. O end i have updated me wii a 2 / 3 weeks ago!!

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Assuming you have Bootmii in /boot2 installed (as your'e on HBC 1.0.3) the best you can do is starting from scratch beginning with the Ultimate Guide

If you're stuck in downgrading too you should google for "Wii 3.3 firmware Update Fix.rar" which is about 9MBs and install it. It helped me to get Waninkokos downgrader working (as I were on 3.4) ...

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What cIOS did you install? You should have installed one as part of installing the backup loader. cIOS apps not working is a typically caused by one of the following:

1. Corrupt cIOS
2. Old cIOS on boot2v4 (LU64-type) wii. You need rev11 or newer for these wiis. Not sure about serials starting with LEF.
3. Missing cIOS

Do you have bootmii as boot2? Is bootmii installed at all?

Banana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bootmii is not installed,
at dutch forums more people get this problem with the LEF serial. Some of them say it is the europe LUH64 serial.
I think I`ll need to install rev11, but I have a question about then one, can I install the rev11 on a PAL system? becaus I otherwise maby brick my wii.

And is there a good recent tutorial to install that rev11?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey