black screen, only can get to system menu!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RRoD420, Aug 23, 2009.

1. RRoD420
    OP

RRoD420 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2009
    United States
    My wii (PRE-LU64+) was hacked with system menu 3.2 w/ preloader 0.28 and starfall hacks installed (SoftMii2.1.1). I updated to 4.1 through wanin's 4.1 updater. Then I decided to follow an up to date guide to install a new cIOS. I followed the wrong guide because my wii only would boot to a black screen OR a frozen distorted screen. The last things I did was run the IOS downgrader and install cIOSCorp 3.3 (Never cIOSCorp again although I don't know if that was the problem) I looked around the forums and then tried to reinstall the system menu. I installed 3.2 wad (through preloader) forgetting that I updated to 4.1, the crazy thing is it booted right into the system menu 3.2 and ran through setup as if it was the first time. So after it loads I reboot the Wii, it boots back into 4.1 automatically and all my channels are still there! (i then remembered i had updated to 4.1). Nothing boots! just goes to a black screen. Even when I boot into preloader 0.28 and try to load a file i get a black screen. WAD MANAGER WILL RUN through preloader but will only function when I tell it use IOS36 instead of IOS249 (FREEZES if i choose IOS249).

ANY Help or input is greatly appreciated!

2. kLiNiKaL

kLiNiKaL Dr. Greenthumb

May 24, 2009
    Jamaica
    Los Ganjales
    try and load AnyRegionChanger M5 from Preloader, or HBC if you can get into that.

and let it reinstall a totally fresh 3.2U.

then start from there.

3. RRoD420
    OP

RRoD420 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2009
    United States
    I attempted to boot anyregion changer from preloader and bannerbomb as homebrew channel only boots to a distorted frozen hbc. It boots to a black screen I can no longer start wad manager either. I can use the system menu 4.1 but cant load anything - just black screen or distorted display. What can I do to recover this wii? [​IMG]

4. RRoD420
    OP

RRoD420 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2009
    United States
    I changed preloader to boot from ios60 and i now can access the homebrew channel from the system menu. I NEED to get anyregionchanger running so i can go back to 3.2 but it freezes everytime i try to start it from the hbc, bannerbomb and preloader! ANY ADVICE?

5. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    use cios downgrader 1.2 instead of anyregionchanger

6. RRoD420
    OP

RRoD420 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2009
    United States
    thanks for the link. I downloaded cIOS downgrader 1.2 but it won't boot from hbc or preloader. System menu and HBC are the only things I can boot. I'm only getting a black screen from hbc and preloader just sits at the Loading... text. Can't get into wad manager to reinstall any IOS's. How can I re-install anything to fix this? Thanks for all your help [​IMG]

7. G0dLiKe

G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

Aug 2, 2009
    United States
    Possibly the autoboot disc would help?

I´ve read somewhere here that there is a autobootdisc which boots wad manager or some.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice