Hacking Black screen on usbloader gx

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a fat 32 drive. I didn't have this problem when I was using one formatted as wbfs. After looking around, I saw that the suggested fix was getting CIOSX Rev 20b and installing cios 249 base 57, so I got the cios from here:
http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-custom-softwar...b-released.html

and installed it like any other. It still just sends me to a black screen after loading any game. Does anybody know how to fix this?

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest version. I don't know what other Cios's I have, whichever ones are required to run it using a wbfs drive. I'm not sure about that third one lol, I bought a 16gb sandisk and wanted to keep it on fat 32 so that I can use it for other stuff.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
darkriku2000 said:
The latest version. I don't know what other Cios's I have, whichever ones are required to run it using a wbfs drive. I'm not sure about that third one lol, I bought a 16gb sandisk and wanted to keep it on fat 32 so that I can use it for other stuff.
Can you check the version please it is important, there have been lots of changes

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to check it, but I'm fully updated through USBloader GX's network update feature, so it should be r938

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
How would you like to try the new UsbloaderGX 1027

blush.gif

Got me there, I was pulling the "latest version" info from the google codes page, but I did use the network update. I did just download configurable usbloader gx, but a link to 1027 would also be appreciated, hopefully one of them will work...

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick run down. Delete old cfg from config folder.Delete 938 dol just leave the icon.png.
The 1st time you run it use HBC not forwarder.
Set some paths because they have all changed 3d covers and disc covers click the gears on bottom left then on custom paths

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you did say everything except for the icon.

Anyways, I tried it and it works great... just 2 things (not sure if these are fixable):

1) Custom paths don't work, I had to redownload my disk images and box art and can't use any themes, and...

2) When I tried no more heroes, it seemed to be a squared image and it was a little jaggy, I remember the same happening with Overlord sometime back, it doesn't happen on pokepark wii though...

would you happen to know how to fix these issues?

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Themes need to be updated for the new revision.
Custom paths should work just by clicking say 3d covers and choose your Image folder and disc covers by selecting disc folder inside your image folder.
"When I tried no more heroes, it seemed to be a squared image and it was a little jaggy" Is that the new image you downloaded?

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help on the first 2.

As for the 3rd thing, it's the game, no more heroes. The image I'm referring to is the way the game shows up on the screen. My TV is wide screen, and I have my wii set up for the 16:9 widescreen. It works fine with every other game I've tried except for no more heroes and overlord. Do you know of a way to fix this? Not sure if this has something to do with this, but the wii itself won't let me change it from SD (480i) to HD (480p) in the options...

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They actually both happen to be NTSC games, also my Wii is NTSC. I think I have 2 PAL games, Soul Calibur, and Pokepark. They both work fine. For the record, my NTSC Mario Galaxy and Pokemon Battle Revolution both work fine.

Thanks for the info about the component cables, I don't know why that didn't occur to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok