black screen on pokemon sun / moon on 3ds region changed

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cubecubec, Dec 16, 2016.

1. cubecubec
    OP

cubecubec Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2016
    Indonesia
    hi guys,i need help here,so i have old 3ds XL japan X/Y edition,so i installed arm9loaderhax using plailect guide,and region changed the 3ds using plailect guide too,and i install pokemon sun / moon region all cia,but i stuck on black screen,i already update 3ds to the latest version.is there something wrong in region changed process???

any help will be very appreciated..thank you

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    How did you install it? Where from? Try freeShop

3. cubecubec
    OP

cubecubec Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2016
    Indonesia
    i download from that site forum,all works fine with my USA original console,installing using FBI the latest version.but when i'm installing via FBI,the title changed in japanese language,so strange.

Edit : its working now,i format the system and voila....it works!!! thank you @proflayton123

Last edited by cubecubec, Dec 16, 2016
  4. DonJav

DonJav Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2016
    Good news for you now that's it's working but it's interesting that you managed to get it working at all, I thought once you region change an O3DS you're unable to play extended memory games like SUMO

From the guide
    -Region changing using ctrtransfer (which this method uses) seems to cause reboot patches to break. The cause for this is unknown, but for now Old 3DS users will be unable to play extended memory mode games (such as Monster Hunter, Super Smash Bros, and Pokémon Sun / Moon)-

Thats cool to know dude.

cubecubec likes this.