Black screen on every channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fatc2k3, Jan 11, 2010.

Jan 11, 2010

Black screen on every channel by fatc2k3 at 10:52 PM (1,025 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. fatc2k3
    OP

Newcomer fatc2k3 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I tried to mod my wii that is on 4.2e but get to to the point when trying to access the homebrew channel and all i get is a black screen , i have tried to access other channels since ie shopping channel and still get black screen when returning to wii menu.

wii will boot to cboot2 and wii menu but not any channel (black screen)

i have tried wiiscu and reinstalling channels and ios`s but still same problem , have spent hours scouring google etc but cannot find a fix

any help would be appreciated!!!

2. Yyhhggtt

Member Yyhhggtt GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    You may have uninstalled an IOS that needs the IOS to run the channel... Did you uninstall any IOS'es?

3. fatc2k3
    OP

Newcomer fatc2k3 Newbie

United Kingdom
    havent uninstalled any ios`s but wii was bought secondhand so it could be possible they have been uninstalled before ?? anyway of restoring all ios`s?(from cboot2) as no access to hbc.

4. kitt050383

Member kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you can use cboot2 to install all your ios again just look for cioscorps thread and follow the directions to get it then get the was outta the cioscorps uninstaller and use those with wadmanager multimod to install them... select ios 36 for wadmanger to use...

should work....

did this on a us wii...
    -kitt050383

ps: if you still have problems like get ret=-1 errors and such use cboot2 to boot dopIOS-mod
    to install trucha patched IOS 36 to IOS slot 236... and try the step above again except choose IOS236 for wadmanger to use...

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you had problems with custom channels, i would have suggested to install a clean IOS35 as still some people try to brick their Wii with IOS that won't work on them.

But black screen on nintendo's channels + HBC is very serious. Are you sure you didn't delete half your IOS?

6. fatc2k3
    OP

Newcomer fatc2k3 Newbie

United Kingdom

ok cheers gonna give that a go , funny thing is i get up this morning switched on wii and it loaded homebrew channel , but when i tried to load an app black screen again , switched wii off and back on homebrew channel wont load again????