Homebrew Black screen on emuNAND 10.4.

Damon_girl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently went into system settings and updated to 10.4 and now everytime I boot into rxtools I get the splash screen but after that it stays on a black screen and doesn't load. What should I do?

Edit: Using O3DS btw.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I recently went into system settings and updated to 10.4 and now everytime I boot into rxtools I get the splash screen but after that it stays on a black screen and doesn't load. What should I do?

Edit: Using O3DS btw.

rxTools works as expected on 10.4 o3DS. Download the latest version from here: https://www.omicron.pw/
and follow these steps to update the newly rxTools(backup your OLD rxTools folder inside your SDcard first, just to be sure):

1)Download the latest build from: https://www.omicron.pw/
2)Unzip it
3)Go to \release\Tools\ and run cdn_firm.py Running the cdn_firm.py script, you will download a folder named "firm" in \release\Tools\ that contains 3 files.
4)Copy the "firm" folder you just downloaded from the script into \release\rxTools\
5)Delete the OLD rxTools in your SDcard(Back it up first)
6)Now copy the NEW rxTools folder(which is in \release\)
7)Paste the copied folder into your SDcard
8)While booting rxTools up, hold the L button
9)It will now install the new rxTools
10)Profit

Edit: the "firm" folder you will download using the cdn_firm.py script, will download the 3 .bin files you need, instead of the firmware.bin file. The firmware.bin file is used only on old rxTools versions. Just follow the guide to update the rxTools and if it doesn't work, paste your old rxTools inside your SDcard. No need to find the firmware.bin file, as you downloaded the needed ones(the 3 .bin files) for the newest rxTools version.

Last edited by fr3quency,

Damon_girl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rxTools works as expected on 10.4 o3DS. Download the latest version from here: https://www.omicron.pw/
and follow these steps to update the newly rxTools(backup your OLD rxTools folder inside your SDcard first, just to be sure):

1)Download the latest build from: https://www.omicron.pw/
2)Unzip it
3)Go to \release\Tools\ and run cdn_firm.py Running the cdn_firm.py script, you will download a folder named "firm" in \release\Tools\ that contains 3 files.
4)Copy the "firm" folder you just downloaded from the script into \release\rxTools\
5)Delete the OLD rxTools in your SDcard(Back it up first)
6)Now copy the NEW rxTools folder(which is in \release\)
7)Paste the copied folder into your SDcard
8)While booting rxTools up, hold the L button
9)It will now install the new rxTools
10)Profit

Edit: the "firm" folder you will download using the cdn_firm.py script, will download the 3 .bin files you need, instead of the firmware.bin file. The firmware.bin file is used only on old rxTools versions. Just follow the guide to update the rxTools and if it doesn't work, paste your old rxTools inside your SDcard. No need to find the firmware.bin file, as you downloaded the needed ones(the 3 .bin files) for the newest rxTools version.
Okay, I'll do that. Thanks!!

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
So I tried that and I'm still getting a black screen. Would it be best to just restore my emuNAND backup and avoid updating?
Yeah restore your emuNAND backup .BIN file while having the latest rxTools I gave you. Then update to 10.4 again. If it still doesn't work, go with your old setup(old emuNAND + old rxTools(but if it boots with the latest Nightly, I cannot find a reason to delete the new rxTools)). I'm on latest rxTools(the one I gave you) + 10.4 Europe version o3DS XL.

herolarcio

The difference is night and day.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because of menuhax. If you have installed menuhax on 10.3 before downgrading, it still carries over to your emuNAND.
Menuhax + 10.4 = Black screen
Your solution is to go into your extdata folder and back everything up, generate new theme extradata, then copy back everything except the folder with the same name.

Source: That's what I did. :P

Reactions: lomejor18

Damon_girl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because of menuhax. If you have installed menuhax on 10.3 before downgrading, it still carries over to your emuNAND.
Menuhax + 10.4 = Black screen
Your solution is to go into your extdata folder and back everything up, generate new theme extradata, then copy back everything except the folder with the same name.

Source: That's what I did. :P
I totally figured that out a couple hours ago and after I deleted the folder I could boot into rxtools again. :) I remembered how menuhax was affecting people who downgraded do I figured the same thing was happening to me.

Reactions: lomejor18

lomejor18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally figured that out a couple hours ago and after I deleted the folder I could boot into rxtools again. :) I remembered how menuhax was affecting people who downgraded do I figured the same thing was happening to me.

thanks for this... i've enter homebrew using browserhax, open menuhax and select "delete", after that, reset the 3DS and it works! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night