Hacking Black screen on boot after region swapping

Roomsaver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a n3ds on 11.2.0-35J A9LH. I am trying to region swap it. I successfully preformed the CTRNAND transfer to 9.2U, copied SecureInfo_A to SecureInfo_C, and edited line 00000100 to read 01 instead of 00. After pressing start to reboot, I am presented with a black screen with a solid blue light. I can still boot into any payload. Any help is appreciated.
EDIT: After restoring my NAND backup I can successfully boot into the Japanese home menu so I'm not bricked. I also checked and SecureInfo_A and SecureInfo_C are no longer there. They are replaced by SercureInfo_B.

Last edited by Roomsaver,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a n3ds on 11.2.0-35J A9LH. I am trying to region swap it. I successfully preformed the CTRNAND transfer to 9.2U, copied SecureInfo_A to SecureInfo_C, and edited line 00000100 to read 01 instead of 00. After pressing start to reboot, I am presented with a black screen with a solid blue light. I can still boot into any payload. Any help is appreciated.
I know it says you have A9LH installed but what is your CFW?

Edit: The guide says to use SecureInfo_B in place of SecureInfo_A so I'd try it again see what happens as you have a NAND backup to restore from.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After CTRNAND transferring again I lost SecureInfo_B and had SecureInfo_A again.
I guess that's normal as you're using a ctrtransfer for a USA region. SecureInfo_B must be specifiaclly for other regions. Try doing it again and if you get a black screen try rebooting without the SD card to see if it boots.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that's normal as you're using a ctrtransfer for a USA region. SecureInfo_B must be specifiaclly for other regions. Try doing it again and if you get a black screen try rebooting without the SD card to see if it boots.
SecureInfo_A is interchangable with SecureInfo_B and which one your console has is not tied to region. I have a US Black N3DSXL with SecureInfo_A and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, a US Hyrule N3DSXL with SecureInfo_B and LocalFriendCodeSeed_A, and a JP White N3DSXL with SecureInfo_B and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B. *shrug*

It's possible that your console might have them named differently, but Decrypt9 just calls it SecureInfo_A and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B anyway. You wouldn't know until you swim around in your CTRNAND with GodMode9 or FBI.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Booting without SD card is also a black screen.
You did a ctrtransfer which basically restores your CTRNAND with another console's, then adds back your console-specific files. To boot without an SD card, you need to copy arm9loaderhax.bin back to your SysNAND's CTRNAND. You can do this with GodMode9, very similar to how to guide has you do it with FBI after installing A9LH to begin with.

Roomsaver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SecureInfo_A is interchangable with SecureInfo_B and which one your console has is not tied to region. I have a US Black N3DSXL with SecureInfo_A and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, a US Hyrule N3DSXL with SecureInfo_B and LocalFriendCodeSeed_A, and a JP White N3DSXL with SecureInfo_B and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B. *shrug*

It's possible that your console might have them named differently, but Decrypt9 just calls it SecureInfo_A and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B anyway. You wouldn't know until you swim around in your CTRNAND with GodMode9 or FBI.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You did a ctrtransfer which basically restores your CTRNAND with another console's, then adds back your console-specific files. To boot without an SD card, you need to copy arm9loaderhax.bin back to your SysNAND's CTRNAND. You can do this with GodMode9, very similar to how to guide has you do it with FBI after installing A9LH to begin with.
I already copied arm9loaderhax.bin to my CTRNAND after transferring which is why the light was solid and didn't act like I didn't have an SD card in.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done a region change or two myself. Are you sure you are using the correct transfer file? I remember needing to contact someone to make sure I was going the right direction. Also that part of the guide wasn't written well, but I doubt you are making any mistakes.

Roomsaver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done a region change or two myself. Are you sure you are using the correct transfer file? I remember needing to contact someone to make sure I was going the right direction. Also that part of the guide wasn't written well, but I doubt you are making any mistakes.
I'm using the n3DS 9.2U transfer files since the guide says to pick your model (n3DS) and the desired region (US).

Roomsaver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it is.
3ds.png

Last edited by Roomsaver, , Reason: Serial number covered

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI: The last few lines of the SecureInfo_A file contain your system's serial number. Not sure if you intended to share that or not.

EDIT: The important part here is the letters at the start of the serial number, which indicate system model and region.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol