Hacking Black screen on 80MB of RAM games

GolyBidoof

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone,

Recently I've copied Gateway 3.02 to my SD card. When I tried to boot emuNAND, I got prompted about something like Red Card update, obviously I updated it just because this "surprise" in next version sounded so tempting. :3

Anyway, I didn't check if these games work after update, my next step was to update sysNAND to 8.1 with Persona Q cartridge so I could play every cartridge game straight from sysNAND. Then I formatted my sysNAND to unlink it from emuNAND. Everything worked fine after that in both sys- and emuNAND, I used browser exploit since then, but today I realized that I cannot boot into Smash.

I could do this on Gateway 2.7 and 4.5.0-10E soft, but I can't boot into any of these now:
- Smash Bros .3dz
- MonHun 4 Ultimate Demo .3ds
- MonHun 4G .cia
- MonHun 4 Ultimate Demo .cia
The emuNAND's version is 9.4, just in case.

My next step was to downgrade sysNAND with Gateway package to 4.5.0-8E. I booted to emuNAND, tried Smash, but nothing. Then I tried to place Gateway 2.7 launcher.dat on SD Card, but to my surprise, Gateway Omega doesn't recognize the card again. I guess it's because of that 3.0 update, but well, I had many good memories with Gateway Omega... Ah, I installed DS Profile Exploit just in case.

My cards pass all the Diagnostics Tests, other games work, all the saves remained after upgrade and downgrade of sysNAND, but the emuNAND feels slower. My SD card is a 64GB SanDisk class 10, roughly 43GB of space are still free. The one in Gateway is a 32GB SanDisk card, class 10 as well.

I want to slap myself, because I didn't do any system backup (I mean I don't remember if I did, I might have sometime in the past) and I can't restore my SysNAND to the state of 4.5.0-10E without format. Do I have to format emuNAND as well to play Smash Brothers or Monster Hunter now? Please, tell me there is any other way.

Cheers,
Szymbar

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normally with your systemconstallation it should work.
But well. To downgrade your GW redCard just put the 2.7 GW Launcher.dat to the root of your 3DS-SD. Press the R button while you start the Profile-Exploit. Now the Redcard will be flashed with the 2.7 Firmware.

Edit: Whats your EmuNand Version?

Reactions: GolyBidoof

GolyBidoof

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But well. To downgrade your GW redCard just put the 2.7 GW Launcher.dat to the root of your 3DS-SD. Press the R button while you start the Profile-Exploit. Now the Redcard will be flashed with the 2.7 Firmware.

I wrote it, 9.4.
Thanks for the hint, I'll try to downgrade my Gateway after I'm done with 9.4 reinstall from CIA files. I'm suspecting that while messing around with cearp's utilities and 3DNUS I might have corrupted something, but it's weird as I remember I was able to play Smash even when tinkering around. ;)

GolyBidoof

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Nice try pal! Actually that's quite weird, but Smash and MonHun Demo from Gateway card started working after downgrade and upgrade of Gateway card, as for CIA files, I guess I just made an invalid RSF file.
Cheers! :3

The thread can be closed now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo