Hacking Black Screen Of Death!!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let's see what i have in it i have that preloader the latest version which plays imports and backups from the disc channel some wads which are safe and the last thing i was playing was gens emulator. and when i unhooked and took it to my mom's and brought it back home it gave me that screen and i gave it a days rest and it still did... can anyone please tell me what to do... should i ship it back to nintendo or is there some way i can acess the wii please let me know ASAP

DuskLord

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
You prolly shouldn't ship it to Nintendo. Not sure if there'd be some consequences, but using illegal .wads ends your warranty anyway, they'll see what you did to the machine...

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
let's see what i have in it i have that preloader the latest version which plays imports and backups from the disc channel some wads which are safe and the last thing i was playing was gens emulator. and when i unhooked and took it to my mom's and brought it back home it gave me that screen and i gave it a days rest and it still did... can anyone please tell me what to do... should i ship it back to nintendo or is there some way i can acess the wii please let me know ASAP
does preloader load? if yes then run the HBC and run wad manager and install a new 3.2 system menu

then you'll have to reinstall preloader and... softmii?(not sure if you were using softmii but i recommend it)

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BL4Z3D247 said:
DJPlace said:
does preloader load? if yes then run the HBC and run wad manager and install a new 3.2 system menu

then you'll have to reinstall preloader and... softmii?(not sure if you were using softmii but i recommend it)

nothing loads just a black screen when i turn on the system... and i have the version .25 preloader is there any option where i can go into recovery mode? by holding some button with a GC paddle? with starfall installed?

also i can fidget around with menu's i hear my paddle vibrate but that's it... and i choose something (i think it was the news or weather channel...

maxtom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
DJPlace said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
DJPlace said:

nothing loads just a black screen when i turn on the system... and i have the version .25 preloader is there any option where i can go into recovery mode? by holding some button with a GC paddle? with starfall installed?

also i can fidget around with menu's i hear my paddle vibrate but that's it... and i choose something (i think it was the news or weather channel...
maybe your tv or the cable from the wii to the tv are bads, because if you have a brick theres only a black screen without anything else

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeh i think theres something wrong with your av cable or maybe your tv cannot handle the signal if there is just sound but no display. Try your wii on another tv and see if it's the same

masterjoel201

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the cable, same thing happened to me. Without preloader, you're screwed, but since you have it, unplug your wii, plug it back in, and turn on the power. Quickly after that, hold down the reset button Then launch your wii in safe mode, and go to any region changer in the homebrew channel and repeat the 3.2 install. That's what I did, and it now works for me!

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look it's a Brick, It's a rock!
Lets hope Preloader will save the day.
tpi.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you get anything to display at all? maybey the cable is bad or the input on the tv is. If it's niether of those you will need to find some way to erase all the stuff you've done to the wii and send it into nintendo for repair.

Oh?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why can't it be a concrete slab? And I hope Preloader does save the day.

There should be a PL man smiley

And since when do bricks still allow the systemmenu to load, just without the video... oh nevermind

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my rf moluder did the trick on my tv for some odd reason... now i need to buy one for my down staris tv and yes my nintendo brand is shot...

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a stupid question but is my wii semi-bricked if i can acess channels and stuff like that?

sorry for the double post BTW... i was not paying atteton... please merege this post or something...

D

Deleted User

Semi brick is when you can not access the settings.

If settings work fine, you don't have a semi brick

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it might be my video mode or cable or something but i don't know what...

D

Deleted User

Just keep on testing. Plug it into a tv, then another, see if the tv is the problem!

Then try a cable, then another, see if the cable is the problem!

(Repeat process until you know what's wrong lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...