Hacking Black screen of death after inserting R4

neopets3010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I purchased an R4i Gold Pro Card on 12/3/2014. After 3 weeks waiting, they finally arrived yesterday. Very excited. This morning I plugged the SD card included into my PC via the included thumb drive. It had all the files installed as recommended by the products website (r4isdhc.com). At this point I assumed that it must be all ready to go, so inserted the SD card into the game cartridge, and that into my 3DS XL. It showed up as a bomber man game, and I opened that. This was where it got weird.

I had an anime scene on the top screen, and the bottom screen prompted me to choose a weapon. Home button wouldn't work, so I selected the first weapon which I think was a sword. This took me to what looked like some kind of root directory which I couldn't exit. The screen went funny after that, like the image doubled on itself. I turned off my 3DS XL, thinking it was maybe a glitch. Now my device is broken.

-Turn on; blue light comes on. Screens do not light up and stay black
-Plug in to power; starts charging for a few minutes then orange light goes off (may be at 100%)
-To turn off you need to hold down the power button for 10 seconds

I have tried reseating the battery, and starting the 3DS with and without the SD card, the R4 cartridge and my Pokemon cartridge. All bare the same results. I am currently leaving it on to see if draining the battery and recharging works.

As you can imagine, I am very annoyed as it seems like it may be bricked. I did nothing illegal and was promised that it will not brick consoles.

Please inform if you have an ideas/fixes for this.

THANK YOU!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The known brick that people have been talking about is a blue screen with a error code in the top left corner of the top screen. Sounds to me like your console died. Perhaps for unrelated reasons and by coincidence it happened right when you got your new flashcart. The only thing I could think of was the pins on the flashcart you got were defective and shorted somehing out in the game card slot, but I don't see how it would cause everything else on the console to stop working.

Usually if something shorts out the pins in the game card slot, the 3DS suddenly stops reading game cartridges. :huh:

neopets3010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The known brick that people have been talking about is a blue screen with a error code in the top left corner of the top screen. Sounds to me like your console died. Perhaps for unrelated reasons and by coincidence it happened right when you got your new flashcart. The only thing I could think of was the pins on the flashcart you got were defective and shorted somehing out in the game card slot, but I don't see how it would cause everything else on the console to stop working.

Usually if something shorts out the pins in the game card slot, the 3DS suddenly stops reading game cartridges. :huh:

Thanks for that. I ended up opening the little guy up and found mass corrosion on the charge point and cartridge slot.

So now I have the Yoshi limited edition XL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: