Homebrew black screen + no luma3ds and hourglass

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you trying to get to hourglass? Did you place the arm9loaderhax.bin for hourglass9 into the root of your sd card? I'm trying to help you out but you're only giving me fragments of information. There are more than one arm9loaderhax.bin. Every program you chainload from Luma has one. (Basically any program that ends in "9", hourglass9, decrypt9, godmode9, etc.) Try loading those instead of Luma.

I think I may have figured out where you went wrong.

After installing the cia's the guide has you copy the arm9loaderhax.bin from your sd card to your CTR nand. I think you may have fat fingered it and accidentally deleted all contents instead. As far as I know this should not affect the arm9loaderhax installation and you should still be able to load an arm9loaderhax.bin from the sd card. However, I have never nuked my ctr nand so I can not say for sure.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you trying to get to hourglass? Did you place the arm9loaderhax.bin for hourglass9 into the root of your sd card? I'm trying to help you out but you're only giving me fragments of information. There are more than one arm9loaderhax.bin. Every program you chainload from Luma has one. (Basically any program that ends in "9", hourglass9, decrypt9, godmode9, etc.) Try loading those instead of Luma.

I think I may have figured out where you went wrong.

After installing the cia's the guide has you copy the arm9loaderhax.bin from your sd card to your CTR nand. I think you may have fat fingered it and accidentally deleted all contents instead. As far as I know this should not affect the arm9loaderhax installation and you should still be able to load an arm9loaderhax.bin from the sd card. However, I have never nuked my ctr nand so I can not say for sure.
Yes it seems like that has happend,

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

]
that the big problem.. i cant get to hourglass.. what is hardmod? and how can i do that?

edit: wtf soldering? i cant do that.. is there another option? how to make arm9loaderhax.bin works?
Ok try this download this zip and take the arm9loaderhax.bin and put it on the root of your sd and try boot your 3ds with your sd without holding anything. it should boot hour glass 9.

ponching27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2zri9g8.png
mw9yrd.png

that the screen shot sir

ossay78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
may I asked some question related to this black screen, what about if it only show black screen and continous blue led?
I still have access to luma config screen though. Is there any way to fix this?
thanks.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may I asked some question related to this black screen, what about if it only show black screen and continous blue led?
I still have access to luma config screen though. Is there any way to fix this?
thanks.
Hold down start while booting then restore a nand backup from hourglass.

Reactions: ossay78

ponching27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
good day, after 2 years of waiting my 3ds are still brick and cant use it.. is there a way to fix it? still have the same problem.. by the way i am the topic starter of this thread.. thanks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good day, after 2 years of waiting my 3ds are still brick and cant use it.. is there a way to fix it? still have the same problem.. by the way i am the topic starter of this thread.. thanks
I have no qualms with cussing but try not to... Why the hell did it take you 2 years to come back here and revisit fixing your 3DS?

D

Deleted User

I have no qualms with cussing but try not to... Why the hell did it take you 2 years to come back here and revisit fixing your 3DS?
Probably because ntrboothax didnt exsist yet and he probably needed to hardmod if i had to take a educated guess.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably because ntrboothax didnt exsist yet and he probably needed to hardmod if i had to take a educated guess.
Aaand, he signed off. :/

His 2nd to last reply was on Jan 20, 2017 while the thread trails off in March. NTRboot was *officially* released May 30, 2017 [1], but news of its practicality must have been rumored earlier. Okay, so people don't catch onto something until it's well established and becomes a done deal: lets add 6 months tops. That gives an entire 2018 year he could have heard of 3DS homebrew, hacks, and custom firmware developments.

This is unless of course bricking his 3DS devastated his well being so much that he ignored anything 3DS related altogether.

If @ponching27 does not reply back in the next 2 days, I'll send him a PM with repair info pertaining to whatever softbrick he has.

ponching27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will ntrboot help my problem sir?

Because my wife found out i brick my son 3ds.. And she want me to fix it.. Sad

How to use this? Do i need to buy one of those flashcart?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work guys
https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/...4l.searchlist.list.37.5ed71bbeDBVnae&search=1

Thanks for all your help.. i really appriciate it..
it could . . . or it may not. see its not pre-flashed so you will need a console that can load it . . . a working ds or dsi or 3ds (or any variant of these consoles) will be needed to set up the exploit on the sd card

the card i linked comes with ntrboot (literally) on it . . . not just the ability to use it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.