Jhonyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello guys

I had a problem with my modchip that wasnt reading backups (he worked fine for 1year+) so i decided to re-solder it
When i thought it was done i connected the wii again but now everytime i place a DVD (backup or original) i get a black screen saying "an error ocurred to eject disc and restart"

Could this mean that the modchip is bad soldered?

That the modchip has died?

Is it safe to take the chip off and solder it again without doing any dmg to the console????

ty for the answers

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a bad solder of a wiikey one time that melted some of the pcb on the drive. The drive would accept disks but not attempt to even load them. Then going to any channel that caused the disk to attempt to load data would cause the Wii to display this same error. So it is very possible that you fried a fuse while resoldering the chip.

You need to be more specific. What Drive do you have/modchip also is it installed with quicksolder or wire/clip method. If it is quick soldered then the chance you have bricked the dvd drive is extremely high. I guess at this point if you are extremely careful taking it out, then attempting to remove the chip cant hurt the console any more then its already been damaged.

Also, what size soldering iron were you using?

Jhonyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello

I dunno what drive i have nor how to see it but its a release date console.

Modchip is installed with quicksolder

The soldering iron is very small but i dont know the size.

Can you tell me how to see what drive do i have so that if its dmged i can replace it?

My drive accepts all disks but has soon has i start to load them it just appears the black screen saying theres something wrong. Todayill try to remove it and try the wire install i hope i dont have to spend any money replacing the DVD or even buy a new console
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China