Hacking black screen boot up gateway mode with lines and roms dont populate on menu

the3dsguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey just was wondering if some people are in the same boat as me?

I downgraded my 3DS to 4.3U and sometimes when I boot into gateway mode emunand 9.4 it freezes, then the screen turns black, then lines start to form from top to bottom, then then screen turns white and hangs there.

Hard powering the system and trying again seems to fix the issue and gateway will boot the second time around. This occurs every once in a while.

Also, when selecting a game in emunand 9.4, the game doesnt populate. However clicking the empty game cartage in the menu will bring up a CANNOT LOAD GAME up, and then it will populate afterwards. This seems to be happening on my 4.4 Device, not downgraded.

Anyone in the same boat?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Your first question sometimes does happen booting up gateway mode you get white and black lines and you have to reset it, does it to me occasionally, your other question about your roms in the menu could be down to a faulty/scam Micro-SD card you should test it out with h2testw to make sure its 100% legit.

Edit: these issues have nothing to do with downgrading back to 4x.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This issue with the screen freezing seems to occur on downgraded and not downgraded devices on 3.0.1.
From what I've seen comparing downgraded and non-downgraded consoles behave not really different from each other.
The launcher just seems less stable than older builds to me. Perhaps you could even go back to 2.7 which seemed pretty stable. Since it had 9.4 emunand as well there's nothing you'd miss out and could meanwhile wait for a more stable release, after all this is still beta.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try and run h2testw, and if your SDcard comes back as legit dont be surprised.
I have a legit tested 64GB MicroSD and i get that problem on my 2DS with ROMs not loading and constantly giving "Game Card Removed" errors. Tried with multiple mSDs, i think the beta is super buggy for it. Thus i use .cia files which work perfectly instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Date sticks