Homebrew black screen at the start of the 3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, I don't really understand what I have to do, can you explain step by step what I have to do?
thank you
The error you have is very new. I don't know enough about it in what has to be done to fix it.

You can try the ideas listed in (1), (2), and (3). I cannot make the instructions any more simple in English. See if Google translation helps.
If anyone else is reading this who knows both French and English very well, can you help @samlach22 in private message relaying the more technical parts?

samlach22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The error you have is very new. I don't know enough about it in what has to be done to fix it.

You can try the ideas listed in (1), (2), and (3). I cannot make the instructions any more simple in English. See if Google translation helps.
If anyone else is reading this who knows both French and English very well, can you help @samlach22 in private message relaying the more technical parts?
thanks for your help, I tried to follow your guide as best I could, I took the version of luma 9, etc. now when I start my 3ds I no longer have the alert I sent you, but this new alert:
68910939_2366212330139090_2844025952118243328_n.jpg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your help, I tried to follow your guide as best I could, I took the version of luma 9, etc. now when I start my 3ds I no longer have the alert I sent you, but this new alert:
One of these might help.

samlach22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
none of these methods work.
I have a backup of an old 3ds, the same kind as the one I have now, a sysnand backup, that would surprise me, but would it be flashable on this 3ds?
One of these might help.
I have a backup of an old 3ds, the same kind as the one I have now, a sysnand backup, that would surprise me, but would it be flashable on this 3ds?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't restore the SysNAND *.bin image made from a different o3DS system. Reflashing a foreign NAND image will super softbrick that o3DS.

If standard CTRTransfer does not fix the 3DS firmware, the next best option is CTRTransfer (Type D9). This other one works a little differently and is meant to handle certain nontypical causes of softbricks.

Try the CTRTransfer (Type D9) next. I'll have to warn you that (Type D9) is not as user friendly to do versus standard as it is an advanced method of repairing the 3DS firmware. The instructions will be harder to follow.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Quantumcat

samlach22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't restore the SysNAND *.bin image made from a different o3DS system. Reflashing a foreign NAND image will super softbrick that o3DS.

If standard CTRTransfer does not fix the 3DS firmware, the next best option is CTRTransfer (Type D9). This other one works a little differently and is meant to handle certain nontypical causes of softbricks.

Try the CTRTransfer (Type D9) next. I'll have to warn you that (Type D9) is not as user friendly to do versus standard as it is an advanced method of repairing the 3DS firmware. The instructions will be harder to follow.
I tried what you told me to do, it still doesn't work, what would it be good to do?
- flash another CTRANSFERT backup (American or Japanese version)
- Flashing another version of the CTRANSFERT backup (older or more recent)
- other things

D

Deleted-481927

It's a 3ds that belonged to a friend, she told me she'd never been cracked. I tried the recovery mode, the system is up to date, and it doesn't change anything.
I don't really understand how to install B9S without ever being able to turn on the 3ds
try Start when u turn it on

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried what you told me to do, it still doesn't work, what would it be good to do?
- flash another CTRANSFERT backup (American or Japanese version)
- Flashing another version of the CTRANSFERT backup (older or more recent)
- other things
Flashing a different CTRTransfer image will not help.

I think your problem is like this one:
That person had a brick with this error.
An exception occurred
Processor: ARM11 (core 0)
Exception type: prefetch abort (svcBreak)
Fault status: Debug event
Current process: menu (0004003000008F02)

Check if you have a "gamecoin"-type brick.
  1. In GodMode9, go into [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND directory.
  2. Hold (R)-shoulder button and press (X) button on the data folder.
    • :!: Be very careful. Pressing only the (X) button brings up the delete option. Do not delete!
  3. Rename the data folder to data2.
  4. Press (START) button to exit GodMode9.
If successful, your 3DS system will try to make a new user profile.

If you want to keep and fix your original user profile,

5. Press (X) to delete the (dummy) data folder. Rename data2 back to data.
6. Hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on dataCopy to 0:/gm9/out.
  • This will make a backup of this folder.
7. Go into 1:/data/<ID0>/ directory. You will see two subfolders,
  • extdata
  • sysdata
8. Press (X) to delete the extdata.
9. Press (START) to exit GodMode9.

(A) If the 3DS system boots to HOME Menu, the bug is coming from extdata.
(B) If the 3DS system does not boot HOME Menu, the bug is coming from sysdata.

10. Go to [0:] SD CARD ()/gm9/out. Press (Y) on data subfolder to [CLIPBOARD] select it.
  • If mistake was made, press (SELECT) to reset the selection.
11. Go to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND directory. Press (Y) → Copy path(s)<A> yes → button combo → Overwrite file(s).
  • This will paste back your original data folder with the bug.

(A) If the extdata subfolder was found to have the bug,

12A. Go in the 1:/data/<ID0>/extdata/0004800 directory. Press (X) to delete the f0000001 subfolder.

13A. Press (START) to exit GodMode9.

14A. Repeat steps 12A and 13A for all the other f000000* subfolder. Delete them in descending order until you boot to HOME Menu.
  • The last subfolder that you delete and lets you go to HOME Menu is the one that has the bug.

(B) If the sysdata subfolder was found to have the bug,

12B. Go in the 1:/data/<ID0>/sysdata/ directory. Press (X) to delete the 0001000f subfolder.

13B. Press (START) to exit GodMode9.

14B. Repeat steps 12B and 13B for all the other 000#0*** subfolder. Delete them in descending order until you boot to HOME Menu.
  • The last subfolder that you delete and lets you go to HOME Menu is the one that has the bug.

15. Repeat steps 10-11 to restore the original data folder.

16. Delete the specific subfolder that has the bug found in steps (A) or steps (B).​

samlach22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Flashing a different CTRTransfer image will not help.

I think your problem is like this one:
That person had a brick with this error.

Check if you have a "gamecoin"-type brick.
  1. In GodMode9, go into [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND directory.
  2. Hold (R)-shoulder button and press (X) button on the data folder.
  3. Rename the data folder to data2.
  4. Press (START) button to exit GodMode9.
If successful, your 3DS system will try to make a new user profile.

If you want to keep and fix your original user profile,

5. Press (X) to delete the dummy data folder. Rename data2 back to data.
6. Hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on dataCopy to 0:/gm9/out.
  • This will make a backup of this folder.
7. Go into 1:/data/<ID0>/ directory. You will see two subfolders,
  • extdata
  • sysdata
8. Press (X) to delete the extdata.
9. Press (START) to exit GodMode9.

(A) If the 3DS system boots to HOME Menu, the bug is coming from extdata.
(B) If the 3DS system does not boot HOME Menu, the bug is coming from sysdata.

10. Go to [0:] SD CARD ()/gm9/out. Press (Y) on data subfolder to [CLIPBOARD] select it.
  • If mistake was made, press (SELECT) to reset the selection.
11. Go to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND directory. Press (Y) → Copy path(s)<A> yes → button combo → Overwrite file(s).
  • This will paste back your original data folder with the bug.

(A) If the extdata subfolder was found to have the bug,

12A. Go in the 1:/data/<ID0>/extdata/0004800 directory. Press (X) to delete the f0000001 subfolder.

13A. Press (START) to exit GodMode9.

14A. Repeat steps 12A and 13A for all the other f000000* subfolder. Delete them in descending order until you boot to HOME Menu.

(B) If the sysdata subfolder was found to have the bug,

12B. Go in the 1:/data/<ID0>/sysdata/ directory. Press (X) to delete the 0001000f subfolder.

13B. Press (START) to exit GodMode9.

14B. Repeat steps 12B and 13B for all the other 000#0*** subfolder. Delete them in descending order until you boot to HOME Menu.

15. Repeat steps 10-11 to restore the original data folder.

16. Delete the specific subfolder that has the bug found in steps (A) or steps (B).​
A big thank you, really thank you from the bottom of my heart, I renamed data to data2 and it worked, thank you for your patience and your research for me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have one last problem, I still have the sd card of my old 3ds, there must remain the game backups and games in it I suppose, is it possible to put them from the sd card to the 3ds we just fixed, if so, how?

D

Deleted-481927

A big thank you, really thank you from the bottom of my heart, I renamed data to data2 and it worked, thank you for your patience and your research for me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have one last problem, I still have the sd card of my old 3ds, there must remain the game backups and games in it I suppose, is it possible to put them from the sd card to the 3ds we just fixed, if so, how?
Afaik - put Luma + GM9 on the SD card and use GM9 to dump all the titles to ur SD card and copy them over in .cia format n install

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Keep the original folder.
Do you intend to keep and fix your real data folder?
  • If you mange to find and delete the subfolder that has the bug, I would like to know know which one it was.
Delete the folder.
If you plan to start over and don't want to keep your user profile (NNID, Friend List, Activity Log, etc), just delete the data2 folder.

1. Copy back the Nintendo 3DS folder to whichever SD card your o3DS will use.

For games not recognized on HOME Menu,
  • For missing tickets where titles are marked with grey X's in Data Management, use faketik to restore with fake tickets.
  • For signs of damaged database where only GodMode9 can see games in Search for titles, use CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Rebuild 3DS Database: Option (B) Full.
  • For mismatching encryption between the NAND's movable.sed KeyY and Nintendo 3DS/<ID0> subfolder, use CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Fix movable.sed KeyY.
:!: For a game that's already in the Nintendo 3DS folder, reinstalling a game CIA will overwrite and delete the save data.

samlach22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Keep the original folder.
Do you intend to keep and fix your real data folder?
  • If you mange to find and delete the subfolder that has the bug, I would like to know know which one it was.
Delete the folder.
If you plan to start over and don't want to keep your user profile (NNID, Friend List, Activity Log, etc), just delete the data2 folder.

1. Copy back the Nintendo 3DS folder to whichever SD card your o3DS will use.

For games not recognized on HOME Menu,
  • For missing tickets where titles are marked with grey X's in Data Management, use faketik to restore with fake tickets.
  • For signs of damaged database where only GodMode9 can see games in Search for titles, use CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Rebuild 3DS Database: Option (B) Full.
  • For mismatching encryption between the NAND's movable.sed KeyY and Nintendo 3DS/<ID0> subfolder, use CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Fix movable.sed KeyY.
:!: For a game that's already in the Nintendo 3DS folder, reinstalling a game CIA will overwrite and delete the save data.
I didn't have to be very clear, the 3ds we just repaired is the pink 3ds, before I had a red 3ds with all my games and backups on the sd card, I'd like to put these games and backups on my pink 3ds, is that possible, keeping the same sd card?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have to be very clear, the 3ds we just repaired is the pink 3ds, before I had a red 3ds with all my games and backups on the sd card, I'd like to put these games and backups on my pink 3ds, is that possible, keeping the same sd card?
:mellow: Shit...

It is possible to recover the games and saves from the red o3DS and its SD card and move it over to using it on the pink o3DS.
  • Do you have any GBA Virtual Console games?
  • Do you have any DSiWare games?
  • User Profile: NNID, Activity Log, Friend List, SpotPass, StreetPass, Mii characters, etc?

Depending what you're trying to backup or import, this type of 3DS data recovery is difficult, time consuming, and requires careful management with NAND cloning.

I'm reluctant to help because of bad past experience with those who recovered their setups but ignored my warnings by taking shortcuts and keeping their unauthorized System Transferred user profile.

samlach22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
:mellow: Shit...

It is possible to recover the games and saves from the red o3DS and its SD card and move it over to using it on the pink o3DS.
  • Do you have any GBA Virtual Console games?
  • Do you have any DSiWare games?
  • User Profile: NNID, Activity Log, Friend List, SpotPass, StreetPass, Mii characters, etc?

Depending what you're trying to backup or import, this type of 3DS data recovery is difficult, time consuming, and requires careful management with NAND cloning.

I'm reluctant to help because of bad past experience with those who recovered their setups but ignored my warnings by taking shortcuts and keeping their unauthorized System Transferred user profile.
I would like to recover my games from the sd card with their backups, only the 3ds games, to be able to reinstall the same games as on the red 3ds on the pink 3ds and keep the backups I had on the red 3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to recover my games from the sd card with their backups, only the 3ds games, to be able to reinstall the same games as on the red 3ds on the pink 3ds and keep the backups I had on the red 3ds

(Very Messy Tutorial) SDTransfer: Moving or cloning a (source) system's Nintendo 3DS folder to another (target) system.

Key Notes
(1) Attached all the way at the bottom, this tutorial contains a supplemental archive: SDTransfer key items (updated).zip
  • (blank) movable_part1.sed
  • convert_0x30_KeyY_to_ID0.xlsx
  • GodMode9 v1.9.1.firm
  • mass dump GBA VC saves.gm9
(2) Backup and restoration for DSiWare games + saves and NAND user profile settings are not covered.

Part IA/B/C - Extract the movable.sed from the red o3DS SysNAND *.bin image.

1A. Install the program ninfs.exe along with the required bootrom file, boot9.bin.
2A. Mount the SysNAND *.bin image and allow for the program to finish loading the various files. Go on a coffee or snack break and come back later.
  • ninfs.png
  • Older made NAND images will not mount if the embedded essential.exefs is missing. You would be required to supply the red o3DS previously dumped otp.bin.
3A. In the essential subfolder, copy the movable.bin file over to the ninfs parent folder. Rename that file as movable (red).bin.​

-or-

1B. Download the HxD hex editor, and open the SysNAND *.bin image.

2B. Go to offset 0x800. Look for the SEED header under the right column, Decoded text.
  • HxD.png
  • Older made NAND images will not have the embedded essential.exefs. That means the movable.sed cannot be directly extracted by hex editor.
3B. Copy the 0x140 sized block. Save that as a new file named movable (red).bin.
-or-

1C. Download and install the program, OSFMount.
2C. Found within the SysNAND *. bin image (see steps 1A–2A), extract and mount the ctrnand_fat.img .
  • (1) OSFMountFileMount new virtual disk...
  • (2) Select the ctrnand_fat.img. Mount as ☑ Read-only drive.
3C. Go in the private directory. Copy the movable.sed to the ninfs parent folder. Rename that file as movable (red).bin.
-or-

Part ID - Extract the movable.sed from the red o3DS CTRNAND.

1D. Add the GodMode9 .FIRM payload onto the red o3DS SD card. Insert the SD card into the red o3DS. Press (POWER) to turn on the system → hold (START) button → Luma3DS chainloader.
  • sdmc:/luma/payloads/GodMode9 v1.9.1.firm

2D. GodMode9 → [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/private/movable.sed → press (A) → Copy to 0:/gm9/out. Press (POWER) to turn off the system.

3D. On a computer looking in the sdmc:/gm9/out directory, copy the movable.sed to the parent ninfs folder. Rename that file as movable (red).bin.

Part II - Calculate and compare the movable.sed KeyY to the 32-char <ID0> subfolder.

4. In HxD hex editor, highlight the 0x110-11F block and generate its SHA-256 hash.
  • { See the spoiler in step 2B. } ... → AnalysisChecksums...SHA-256OK
  • To learn more about the movable.sed: files on sd card not loading on 3ds [post #9]
  • :!: Do not publicly upload or share your movable.sed. That file contains your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B. Once this is shown, others will hijack and abuse it: you will be banned from online play.
5. Copy and paste the SHA-256 hash in the convert_0x30_KeyY_to_ID0.xlsx using Microsoft Office Excel or LibreOffice Calc. The spreadsheet will calculate the <ID0> for a given KeyY.

6. Compare the calculated <ID0> to the one found in the red o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • If the calculated and actual <ID0> matches, jump to step 11 in Part III.
  • If the <ID0> do not match, continue instead on step 7.
  • :!: Do not rename the actual <ID0> subfolder to match that of the calculated <ID0>. This doesn't fix the encryption.

7. Take the first half of the KeyY and paste this into the provided (blank) movable_part1.sed.

8. Upload the movable_part1.sed and input the actual subfolder's <ID0> at:
9. If a match is found, download the (dummy) movable.sed. Rename and replace it as the movable (red).bin. Jump to step 11 in Part III.
  • bruteforce.png

Step 10. Last chance.

If a match was not found in steps 8-9, this is most likely due to your user profile coming from a System Transfer.
You must find and contact someone who previously added you to their Friend List.
That person has to have a 3DS system that is hacked with custom firmware.

He or she would need to dump your first half of the KeyY using seedstarter.
  • smdc:/seedstarter/LFCS/#_####-####-####_part1.sed
  • ####-####-#### = (your) Friend Code
If the #_####-####-####_part1.sed is obtained, go to step 8.

:!: If you do not have 3DS friends to rely on, you are shit out of luck.

WARNING: About unauthorized System Transfer.

Do not replace/inject the red o3DS movable.sed to the pink o3DS [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND.
This can brick its 3DS firmware, permanently erase its own console unique copy of that file, and risk online service bans.

To learn more about why this is not recommended, please read:

Part III - Decrypt and copy the red o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder.

11. Copy the red o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder from the SD card over to the ninfs folder.

12. Mount the Nintendo 3DS folder with the movable (red).bin using ninfs.exe.

13. Create a new folder called DECRYPTED in the ninfs folder.

14. Copy and paste the dbs, extdata, and title subfolders from the (Z꞉) drive to the DECRYPTED folder.
  • copy over to DECRYPTED.png
  • If there are any other subfolders such as backup, copy and paste these as well.
15. Unmount and delete the Nintendo 3DS folder.

Part IV - Create a (dummy) pink o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder. Dump the pink o3DS movable.sed.

16. In the pink o3DS SD card, rename the (current) Nintendo 3DS folder to something else such as Nintendo 3DS (main).

17. Boot to HOME Menu with the SD card inserted in the pink o3DS. This will allow the system to create a new (dummy) Nintendo 3DS folder.

18. GodMode9[1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/private/movable.sed → press (A) → Copy to 0:/gm9/out. Press (POWER) to turn off the system.

19. On a computer looking in the sdmc:/gm9/out directory, rename the pink o3DS movable.sed to movable (pink).bin.

20. Cut and paste the pink o3DS (dummy) Nintendo 3DS folder and movable (pink).bin to the ninfs folder.

Part V - Import the red o3DS (decrypted) contents and re-encrypt them to the pink o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder.

21. Mount the Nintendo 3DS folder with the movable (pink).bin using ninfs.exe. Turn on the Options ☑ Allow writing.
  • If you mount the Nintendo 3DS folder on the pink o3DS SD card, the read and write speeds will be slow.
22. Copy and paste the dbs, extdata, and title subfolders in the DECRYPTED folder over to the Nintendo 3DS SD Card (ID0) (Z꞉)/<ID1>/ directory.

23. Unmount the (Z꞉) drive. Copy and paste the Nintendo 3DS folder from the ninfs parent folder to the pink o3DS SD card.

Part VI - Fix (
most of) the CMACs within the pink o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder. And other stuff.

24. GodMode9 v1.9.1 → hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on [A:] SYSNAND SDFix CMACs for drive<A> yes → button combo → <A> yes<A> to continue<A> yes.
  • [A] drive - fixcmac.png
  • Edit Update Feb-01-2020: Due to a regression bug in GM9 v1.9.1, CMACs are missed for *.cmd and *.sav files. They'll require fixing semi-manually.
    1. Godmode9 v1.9.1 → [A:] SYSNAND SD → hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on titleSearch for files...
    2. Type in *.cmd for the search entry. Press SUBMIT.
    3. Hold (L)-shoulder and press (RIGHT) d-pad to highlight all the cmd files in yellow.
    4. Press (A) → Calculate CMACFix CMAC for all.
    5. Repeat the 1-4 process for *.sav files.

25. Restore missing tickets with faketik, and mass unwrap HOME Menu gift icons with Cthulhu.

26. Backup the saves + extdata for all the 3DS games using Checkpoint, JKSM, and/or GBAVCSM.

27. To reset (all at once) the anti-cheat save protection called Secure Value, delete this specific NAND file.
  • GodMode9 [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/data/<ID0>/sysdata/00010011/00000000 → press (X) → etc.
  • :!: Be careful. Don't delete the wrong 00000000 file.

28. Run the mass dump GBA VC saves.gm9 script. This will backup the saves for all the GBA Virtual Console games.
  • The included GodMode9 payload is an experimental build. It does not handle fixing the CMACs for GBA VC saves.
    • August-22-2019: This script might not be needed for GodMode9 v1.9.0 or later release.
  • After dumping the saves, they will have to be manually restored by doing:
  • January 14, 2020: This step is no longer required. GodMode9 v1.9.1 handles fixing the CMACs for GBA VC saves.
  • The (now removed) mass dump GBA VC saves.gm9 script can be found within GBAVCSM.

Attachments

• SDTransfer key items (updated).zip
    265.8 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: E1ite007

samlach22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
(Very Messy Tutorial) SDTransfer: Moving or cloning a (source) system's Nintendo 3DS folder to another (target) system.

Key Notes
(1) This tutorial contains a supplemental archive: SDTransfer key items.zip
  • (blank) movable_part1.sed
  • convert_0x30_KeyY_to_ID0.xlsx
  • GodMode9 v1.8.0-77-g65c605f5.firm
  • mass dump GBA VC saves.gm9
(2) Backup and restoration for DSiWare games + saves and NAND user profile settings are not covered.

Part I - Extract the movable.sed from the red o3DS SysNAND *.bin image.

1A. Install the program ninfs.exe along with the required bootrom file, boot9.bin.
2A. Mount the SysNAND *.bin image and allow for the program to finish loading the various files. Go on a coffee or snack break and come back later.
  • Older made NAND images will not mount if the embedded essential.exefs is missing. You would be required to supply the red o3DS previously dumped otp.bin.
3A. In the essential subfolder, copy the movable.bin file over to the ninfs parent folder. Rename that file as movable (red).bin.​

-or-

1B. Download the HxD hex editor and open the SysNAND *.bin image.

2B. Go to offset 0x800. Look for the SEED header under the right column, Decoded text.
  • Older made NAND images will not have the embedded essential.exefs. That means the movable.sed cannot be directly extracted by hex editor.
3B. Copy the 0x140 sized block. Save that as a new file named movable (red).bin.

Part II - Calculate and compare the movable.sed KeyY to the 32-char <ID0> subfolder.

4. In HxD, highlight the 0x110-11F block and generate its SHA-256 hash.
  • To learn more about the movable.sed: files on sd card not loading on 3ds [post #9]
  • :!: Do not publicly upload or share your movable.sed. That file contains your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B. Once this is shown, others will hijack and abuse it: you will be banned from online play.
5. Copy and paste the SHA-256 hash in the convert_0x30_KeyY_to_ID0.xlsx using Microsoft Office Excel or LibreOffice Calc. The spreadsheat will calculate the <ID0> for a given KeyY.

6. Compare the calculated <ID0> to the one found in the red o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • If the calculated and actual <ID0> matches, jump to step 11 in Part III.
  • If the <ID0> do not a match, continue with step 7.
  • :!: Do not rename the actual <ID0> subfolder to match that of the calculated <ID0>. This doesn't fix the encryption.

7. Take the first half of the KeyY and paste this into the provided (blank) movable_part1.sed.

8. Upload the movable_part1.sed and input the actual subfolder's <ID0> at:
9. If a match is found, download the (dummy) movable.sed. Rename and replace it as the movable (red).bin. Jump to step 11 in Part III.

Step 10. Last chance.

If a match was not found in steps 8-9, this is most likely due to your user profile coming from a System Transfer.
You must find and contact someone who previously added you to their Friend List.
That person has to have a 3DS system that is hacked with custom firmware.

He or she would need to dump your first half of the KeyY using seedstarter.
  • smdc:/seedstarter/LFCS/#_####-####-####_part1.sed
  • ####-####-#### = (your) Friend Code
If the #_####-####-####_part1.sed is obtained, go to step 8.

:!: If you do not have 3DS friends to rely on, you are shit out of luck.

WARNING: About unauthorized System Transfer.

Do not replace/inject the red o3DS movable.sed to the pink o3DS [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND.
This can brick its 3DS firmware, permanently erase its own console unique copy of that file, and risk online service bans.

To learn more about why this is not recommended, please read:

Part III - Decrypt and copy the red o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder.

11. Copy the red o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder from the SD card over to the ninfs folder.

12. Mount the Nintendo 3DS folder with the movable (red).bin using ninfs.exe.

13. Create a new folder called DECRYPTED in the ninfs folder.

14. Copy and paste the dbs, extdata, and title subfolders from the (Z꞉) drive to the DECRYPTED folder.
15. Unmount and delete the Nintendo 3DS folder.

Part IV - Create a (dummy) pink o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder. Dump the pink o3DS movable.sed.

16. In the pink o3DS SD card, rename the (current) Nintendo 3DS folder to something else such as Nintendo 3DS (main).

17. Boot to HOME Menu with the SD card inserted in the pink o3DS. This will allow the system to create a new (dummy) Nintendo 3DS folder.

18. GodMode9 → [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/private/movable.sed → press (A) → Copy to 0:/gm9/out.

19. Rename the pink o3DS movable.sed to movable (pink).bin.

20. Cut and paste the pink o3DS (dummy) Nintendo 3DS folder and movable (pink).bin to the ninfs folder.

Part V - Import the red o3DS (decrypted) contents and reencrypt them to the pink o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder.

21. Mount the Nintendo 3DS folder with the movable (pink).bin using ninfs.exe. Turn on the Options ☑ Allow writing.
  • If you mount the Nintendo 3DS folder on the pink o3DS SD card, the read and write speeds will be slow.
22. Copy and paste the dbs, extdata, and title subfolders in the DECRYPTED folder over to the Nintendo 3DS SD Card (ID0) (Z꞉)/<ID1>/ directory.

23. Unmount the (Z꞉) drive. Copy and paste the Nintendo 3DS folder from the ninfs parent folder to the pink o3DS SD card.

Part VI - Fix (
most of) the CMACs within the pink o3DS Nintendo 3DS folder. And other stuff.

24. GodMode9 v1.8.0-77-g65c605f5 → hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on [A:] SYSNAND SDFix CMACs for drive<A> yes → button combo → <A> yes<A> to continue<A> yes.
25. For missing tickets, use faketik. To unwrap all the HOME Menu icons, use Cthulhu.
  • HOME Menu System Settings → Data Management → Nintendo 3DS → Software.
  • :!: Do not launch or play games until completing the rest of this tutorial.
26. Backup the saves + extdata for all the 3DS games using Checkpoint or JKSM.

27. To reset (all at once) the anti-cheat save protection called Secure Value, delete this specific NAND file.
  • [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/data/<ID0>/sysdata/00010011/00000000
  • :!: Be careful. Don't delete the wrong 00000000 file.
28. Run the mass dump GBA VC saves.gm9 script. This will backup the saves for all the GBA Virtual Console games.
  • The included GodMode9 payload is an experimental build. It does not handle fixing the CMACs for GBA VC saves.
    • August-22-2019: This script might not be needed for GodMode9 v1.9.0 or later release.
  • After dumping the saves, they will have to be manually restored by doing:
it worked really well, all the games came back and all the backups too!!!!!
Thank you, really.

one last little thing, is it possible to get the mii and user account from the red o3ds to put it in the pink o3ds?

Last edited by samlach22,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

one last little thing, is it possible to get the mii and user account from the red o3ds to put it in the pink o3ds?
Yes, for the Mii characters.
NO, for the user account. *

* You would have to call Nintendo of Europe about unlinking the red o3DS NNID so you can sign-in or relink it to the pink o3DS.​

This goes back to what I was trying to convey in post #53, and the WARNING about the dangers of unauthorized System Transfer.

Others have asked.

I would like to help people recover their user profiles & NAND setups from their dead 2DS/3DS systems, but this is a soft modding subject I'm most afraid to talk about because..

(1) If done incorrectly where directions are not followed exactly or precautionary steps were skipped, one can permanently erase console unique files or even super softbrick the NAND with bootrom 8046 blue screens of death.
  • Some people are stubborn where they will deviant from the instructions by deciding to flash foreign NAND files that can't be used.
  • Even with a ntrboot flashcart to launch GodMode9, there are specific scenarios where your backed up SysNAND *.bin image might not save you. (ie, the nand_minsize.bin, trimmed version that's dumped and renamed as <yymmdd>_<serial>_sysnand_###.bin).

(2) Those who don't heed the warning about temporarily using their broken system image on their replacement system can end up getting banned.
  • Some people are complacent about importing their previous setup without doing the latter roundabout backup & restore parts where their stuff has to go on the replacement system's real setup.

(3) Other factors to account like wanting to clone the NAND between two systems from different regions or even different series/models: [ o3DS / o3DSXL / o2DS] ⇄ [ n3DS / n3DSXL / n2DSXL ].

What these all add up to is a tutorial that has to be sufficiently detailed enough step-by-step while covering all the pitfalls to watch out for. On top of that, it needs to be easy to follow and understand for even the most basic technically inclined 3DS homebrewer. With lots of color coded words and pictures.

Writing something like this would suck. Also, I rather not give anyone crappy / watered down instructions. This is so they don't come back and blame me for bricking their system or getting banned by Nintendo.

samlach22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, for the Mii characters.
NO, for the user account. *

* You would have to call Nintendo of Europe about unlinking the red o3DS NNID so you can sign-in or relink it to the pink o3DS.​

This goes back to what I was trying to convey in post #53, and the WARNING about the dangers of unauthorized System Transfer.

Others have asked.

I would like to help people recover their user profiles & NAND setups from their dead 2DS/3DS systems, but this is a soft modding subject I'm most afraid to talk about because..

(1) If done incorrectly where directions are not followed exactly or precautionary steps were skipped, one can permanently erase console unique files or even super softbrick the NAND with bootrom 8046 blue screens of death.
  • Some people are stubborn where they will deviant from the instructions by deciding to flash foreign NAND files that can't be used.
  • Even with a ntrboot flashcart to launch GodMode9, there are specific scenarios where your backed up SysNAND *.bin image might not save you. (ie, the nand_minsize.bin, trimmed version that's dumped and renamed as <yymmdd>_<serial>_sysnand_###.bin).

(2) Those who don't heed the warning about temporarily using their broken system image on their replacement system can end up getting banned.
  • Some people are complacent about importing their previous setup without doing the latter roundabout backup & restore parts where their stuff has to go on the replacement system's real setup.

(3) Other factors to account like wanting to clone the NAND between two systems from different regions or even different series/models: [ o3DS / o3DSXL / o2DS] ⇄ [ n3DS / n3DSXL / n2DSXL ].

What these all add up to is a tutorial that has to be sufficiently detailed enough step-by-step while covering all the pitfalls to watch out for. On top of that, it needs to be easy to follow and understand for even the most basic technically inclined 3DS homebrewer. With lots of color coded words and pictures.

Writing something like this would suck. Also, I rather not give anyone crappy / watered down instructions. This is so they don't come back and blame me for bricking their system or getting banned by Nintendo.
I totally understand, my mii being quite basic, it doesn't matter if I don't get it back, but the list of friends (friend codes) I'd like to get them back, there are people I know that I can't contact anymore to have their friend codes, is it possible to just get the friend codes from the o3ds red

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally understand, my mii being quite basic, it doesn't matter if I don't get it back, but the list of friends (friend codes) I'd like to get them back, there are people I know that I can't contact anymore to have their friend codes, is it possible to just get the friend codes from the o3ds red
The red o3DS Friend List is possible to get back or at least read off of. You might need to manually sent out requests to add your friends on the replacement pink o3DS.

I would like you study those two (very bad tutorials) so you're comfortable with what will need to be done later.
  • :!: Don't actually follow those as they're a bit outdated. While they work, they're not geared towards backing up user profile settings saves.

The 3rd revision of this series will be much easier to follow than what you see in those two. When I'm finished with it, I will let you know by PM.
You may not hear back until later this week. It takes time to get over writer's block and triple check going over making sure information is correct.

Johnnycool18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much. I had the "gamecoin"-type brick on my o2ds. Using your instructions, I found the extdata was the issue. It was folder f000000b. You asked about this from OP and didn't get a response, so here you go.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended