Hacking Black screen and blue constant led (ntrboothax doesnt work due sd card)

vendofincas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! Years ago when I was younger I modified my New 3ds. Now, after several years without touching it and trying to make it work again, I see that it does not have an SD, so the only thing the console does is turn on the blue LED and turn it off instantly. I follow the instructions on the 3dsguide page to update the Luma and all the things in a new sd but I still have the black screen with the blue led, this time constant, I can't get anything to start, neither by pressing start, nor select, nor enter the recovery mode or anything. I formatted my sd with guiformat and checked if it was ok with h2test, not finding any errors.
Out of desperation I got a flashcard (r4-sdhc-goldpro-2021) to do the ntrboothax and see if I could do something to try to save it. When doing it to the maximum that I get is that the godmode9 logo appears on the screen above and on the bottom the word booting, that is to say that it freezes trying to boot it. To test things I did it without the sd in the 3ds and the godmode no longer freezes and I can enter the menu, but of course, without the .firm and the necessary files that the guides say I can't do anything (or so I think). Once in the menu if I put the sd and enter any option of this, it freezes again. I don't know what to do anymore because without this going away I can't move forward. (I've tried ntrboothax on another old 3ds console and it works with sd and still doesn't freeze). I also wanted to try a ctrtransfer, but of course, I can't either.

I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on what might be happening to me.

Thank you very much in advance

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I got EXACTLY the same issue as you, man. It is just the exact same problem. I hope somebody could help us. I have done many things, but I don't get past the black screen with blue light.

vendofincas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In a forum I have been told that it may be a hardware problem. Probably from the sd card reader, I don't know if it will be very complicated to change it.

Hopefully we reach a solution, because it is a headache. Thanks for joining me in the problem, I don't feel so alone anymore xd

Reactions: nWo

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
In a forum I have been told that it may be a hardware problem. Probably from the sd card reader, I don't know if it will be very complicated to change it.

Hopefully we reach a solution, because it is a headache. Thanks for joining me in the problem, I don't feel so alone anymore xd
Thanks. I have looked everywhere and the only tip was that indeed, a hardware problem, but somebody told me it was a scren problem (top) but in your case, the screens indeed light up with the ntrboothax, but in my case they don't.

I gave up looking solutions until your issue came to light. So, let's have hope that somebody lights up the way.

Reactions: vendofincas

vendofincas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey bro! I've fixed it, I unscrewed the sd card slot and cleaned it with compressed air, I reconnected it well (ensuring that the latch was well attached) and it booted me the first time without ntrboothax or anything, just putting the necessary files in the sd. I think that from some fall that it had in the past that connector was somewhat loose and that is why it did not read the card.

I hope you have the same error and you can fix it.

Reactions: nWo

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I will try it when I get home. Sadly, I have never opened up a 3DS. My sons's model is 3DS XL (classic) so, I guess I'll fight with tearing down the console. Thank you man, hope I can figure it out.

Reactions: vendofincas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands