Black screen after wiikey install. Dead Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bomma, Jun 22, 2007.

Jun 22, 2007
  1. bomma
    OP

Newcomer bomma Member

Belgium
    Hi,

A friend of mine got his wii chipped with a Wiikey. Everything was working fine
    for about a week. Suddenly, his Wii acted strange. It still powered on, you could
    still here the sound, but the screen had gone completely black with some greyish
    vertical lines. He made a little vid to show me:

http://rapidshare.com/files/38641269/DSCF0016.AVI

He claims the problem started after running Zelda for the gamecube on 60 hz.
    The Wii is an European PAL version.

Any Thoughts on what may be the problem?

Thanks

2. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    sounds like the problem that nintendo has identified which requires you to send it in for repair.

3. shonosuke

Member shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Nintendo pwned you

4. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    What is this problem exaclty? Does is affect everyone who tries to play video from Zelda (which game?) at the wrong frequency setting?

5. Nautix

Newcomer Nautix Newbie

Norway
    I've got the same problem.. !! Black screen, but sound, and after a couple of days, no sound either.
    But mine worked perfectly with the wiikey for moths before this happened, and the fault occured while the wii was turned off.
    I think the problem is overheating while running on standby or whatever the mode is called when you just shut it down by remote...
    Anyone knows if Nintendo will check for chip-soldering traces, or schould I switch DVD-drive with my other un-chipped Wii before sending it to service?

6. xaxis

Newcomer xaxis Member

Canada
    this has nothing to do with the modchip. there were some systems that were broken from the start. it happened to me aswell. call nintendo up and they will replace it for you. just make sure u take out ur chip first

7. nycwii

Newcomer nycwii Advanced Member

United States
    its imperitive that you remove the chip and dude make sure the pcb looks "clean and untampered with". like no balls of the solder used for the application of the chip