Black screen after triggering the GW exploit via DS-Settings on N3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Bonny, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Bonny
    OP

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    Long story short: Have a N3DS on 9.0, installed the NVRAM-Hack, installed the correct mset_xxx.cia via DevMenu.3ds to SYSNAND.

Now, when i trigger the exploit via DS-Settings, the screen goes black, the GW-Logo appears and the GW card lights up ?purple? for a second, then black screen again and it stays that way. Why? :blink:

2. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    probably means your emunand is invalid/corrupted/too high version

try holding L while clicking ds profile and then recreating emunand

do not update emunand past 9.5 on n3ds

Margen67 and LameNobody like this.
  3. Bonny
    OP

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    I actually had no emunand installed. And because of this error, i created one. No change at all. :unsure:

4. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    are you able to get into the gateway launcher and boot emunand when using the cn or oot exploit?

5. Bonny
    OP

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    Yes. With the oot exploit.

Info: I first attempted to install the region.cia with BigRedMenu, and because this didn't worked, i then used DevMenu. Have i messed anything up?

6. Bonny
    OP

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    Intresting: When i use the DS-Profile exploit AND hold the L button, i'll get to the GW-Menu (The LED of the Card lights up blue!). When i now click on "Boot GW Mode", everything works as it should.

When i just use the DS-Pr. exploit without holding the L Button, the screen stays black after the GW-Logo and the cart lights up purple.

Does anone know what the colors mean or why it won't work without holding the L Button?

P.S.: Used the Diagnostic Tool in GW Menu: Everything seems to be OK.