cc2918

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello.
my n3ds xl luma3ds /w a9lh stopped booting up. stuck at black screen b4 home menu.
long story short. someone used my n3ds.. turned it off and now its not working.
'someone' possibly used some kind of combination keys? 'someone' only telling me that he/she turned it off after playing a game.

i know that my n3ds is working cause if i use my 2nd sd card(for other games) it works fine.
using my main sd card has stopped working. sd is not faulty as i just used it to back up my file.
using this 'main sd card' i can get in to all the installed tools(luma3ds,emunand,hourglass9)
it just wouldnt boot past black screen before the home menu.(using noscreeninit v2)

how do i fix my problem?
1. any possible way to fix current problem?
2. if not, it is possible to migrate all my installed CIA/Save files on to freshly installed sd card?

ty in advance.

A

a9lh-1user

If i understand it correctly your first SD card has problems.
So copy the payloads to the second SD card and try to use them (hourglass9, emunand9.....).
If it is working make a backup of your first SD card and format it with emunand9 (switch the SD cards if it tells you!) and then copy the backup back to the SD card.

Hope it will help you ;)

cc2918

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not quiet sure what you are asking. please give me instruction to check.
i followed Plailect guide to install a9lh
i can boot into following combination keys using 'main sd card'(problematic sd card)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can now hold Select on boot to launch the Luma3DS configuration menu.
You can now hold Start on boot to launch Hourglass9, an arm9loaderhax safe NAND tool.
You can now hold Y on boot to launch EmuNAND9, a full featured RedNAND and SD management tool.
You can now hold X on boot to launch Decrypt9, a full featured NAND + decryption tool
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
copied and pasted from https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

Last edited by cc2918,

cc2918

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i understand it correctly your first SD card has problems.
So copy the payloads to the second SD card and try to use them (hourglass9, emunand9.....).
If it is working make a backup of your first SD card and format it with emunand9 (switch the SD cards if it tells you!) and then copy the backup back to the SD card.

Hope it will help you ;)

how does this work exactly?
i used Plailect guide, i believe there is no emunand.
1. use emunand9 to back up 'main sd card' sysnand.
2. copy vanilla payloads and backup sysnand from 'main sd card' to 'fresh sd card'
3. using 'fresh sd card', boot into emunand9
4. restore sysnand backup from 'main sd card'
5. finally copy over 'nintendo 3ds' folder from 'main sd card' to 'fresh sd card' to bring back installed games/saved files?

Last edited by cc2918,

cc2918

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like that 'someone' tempered w some of its system tools.
it has created arm9loaderhax.bin.bak last night.(time that he stopped playing)

edit: problem fixed.. by restoring .bak file.
culprit file had higher file size.
anyone know what cause such action?

Last edited by cc2918,
A

a9lh-1user

Then rename it back to arm9loaderhax.bin and restart your 3DS (if there is no arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of your SD card!)

Last edited by ,

cc2918

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem fixed.. by restoring .bak file.
culprit file had higher file size.
anyone know what cause such action?

ty for your help a9lh-1user,crystal

A

a9lh-1user

If you have an update cia installed for A9LH and the "misterious person" has startet it and then shutdown the 3DS you will have the renamed arm9loaderhax.bin.bak but the DL of the new arm9loaderhax.bin wouldn't have finished.
This maybe happened (I'am not sure because of missing informations ;))

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night