Black Rock Shooter (PSP) Licensed for USA and EUR

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Aug 25, 2011.

Aug 25, 2011
  1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    Santa Ana, Calif. (August 24, 2011) – NIS America is excited to announce the license acquisition of the highly anticipated Japanese RPG title for PlayStation®Portable, Black Rock Shooter The Game, for North America and Europe. “We are delighted to announce Black Rock Shooter. This is a title that many fans have been waiting for and it definitely lives up to the hype. We have not finalized a release date yet, but we are working hard to get it out as soon as possible. Please look forward to this amazing game,” says NIS America producer Jack Niida. It is finally available on PlayStation®Portable in Japan, and NIS America is extremely pleased to be able to bring this fan favorite to Western shores. Further release schedule information will be announced in the near future. Please look forward to the next announcement.

About Black Rock Shooter The Game
    Black Rock Shooter The Game has been generating all kinds of buzz among fans for its appealing character designs from the renowned artist Huke, and later on given voice by the ever-popular MikuHatsune. What began as a single character design has now evolved into a PlayStation®Portable title.
    Story
    2032 AD—Earth has been ruthlessly assaulted by extraterrestrials, and nineteen years of nonstop battle now threaten the very existence of humanity. The last hope for human survival is BRS, a heroine created solely to save planet Earth; she is the ultimate battle android. But when she is awakened to end the battle once and for all, there are only twelve human beings left on Earth…[/p]Source

The OVA was rubbish, the Anime will likely be rubbish but this game looks amazing.

2. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Who says PSP is dying? Arent they releasing a new revision of the PSP? E1000 or something.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Amazingly rubbish. Repetitive to the nth degree....

Suppose it's good news but it won't sell.

4. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Dunno, there's been some Hatsune Miku marketing going on in America and if NIS advertises this well along side Miku, I'd think they'll get to the profit mark.

5. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    The OVA is below average, don't ask me why a TV anime was made for the NoitaminA block, bad choice, but the game is good and a recommended buy.

I have the Japanese version, the missions are easy to understand and the gameplay is intense, only complaint is lack of free movement. It's moderate in difficulty, the motorbike events can get difficult though. It's a pretty decent ARPG despite the graphics being a bit average. You can repeat missions as much as you want to gain levels, items, and records.

6. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Hmm, seems pretty cool. I'll get it once it's released.

7. tajio

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The game looks good [​IMG]

8. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    If I ever buy a PSP, this is definitely going into my library right next to any Miku Hatsune games I decide to import. I love Black Rock Shooter, and the OVA wasn't enough for me.

9. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Couldn't care less for Hatsune Miku (I seriously hate that annoying voice) but this game looks decent.

Still, the PSP is dead.

10. Maedhros

Member Maedhros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    In the west, yes. In Japan... not even close. It's the dominate portable around there.

11. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    Game looks great, it could give me a reason to pick up my psp again, just hope they wont mess with the voice acting or anything. And @slyakin, i'm not often a fnan of how the voice soinds either, but you have to admit, some of the songs are quite good. I've been listening to some covers from nico nico douga, and they're quite good. As for how well this will do in the US, I'm not quite sure. I know many people who will just look at the cover, and if it's anything even vaguely anime looking, then they'll hate it.