• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,684
  • Replies 27
D

Deleted User

OP
blackops.jpg

QUOTE(http://torrentfreak.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-leaks-to-bittorrent-or-does-it-101023/) said:
After warnings this week that retail copies had been stolen from a pressing plant, a leak of Call of Duty: Black Ops, the follow up to last year’s mind-bogglingly successful Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, seemed inevitable. As Activision sends in investigators directly to people with a copy, thousands of people on The Penguin Bar are waiting for a torrent to complete – but is it the real deal?

Black OpsIt’s been nearly a year since I, along with millions of others, all queued up for hours like idiots waiting to get our hands on a copy of the biggest game in history.

For almost everyone, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 didn’t disappoint, it’s become a pretty much permanent fixture in the drive of my Xbox 360 and has only been out a handful of times in the last year to make way for Forza 3 and the classic GTA IV.

And in just over two weeks the whole cycle of madness will start all over again.

Developed by the Treyarch studio, Call of Duty: Black Ops will be released worldwide on November 9th and I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy, so much so that I pre-ordered the damn thing a couple of months ago. But some people already know how awesome it is because they managed to get hold of some leaked copies a few days ago. Bastards.

It all began earlier this week when it was reported that Xbox 360 retail versions of the game had been stolen from an Alabama pressing plant and that Treyarch’s community manager, Josh Olin, had been feverishly trying to contain the problem. The article on HookedGamers included screenshots of Olin’s Twitter discussions and also a couple of game screenshots, now removed due to a copyright complaint by publisher Activision.

Things had taken a turn for the unusual. Last week a YouTuber called 504Ghostmaker announced he had a copy of the game. He’d seen it advertised for sale on a chat forum and offered the seller $150 for it. The seller wanted $400. After striking up a deal he went to a Chili’s restaurant and met up with a guy called Ungodly to collect. So far, so good.

But later 504Ghostmaker, who also goes by the name Computer Healer, got a call from IP Cybercrime, a company hired by Activision to investigate the leak. They said they knew he had a copy of the game, apparently very politely, and gave him the chance to return it, which he did.

In a series of four videos posted to YouTube, Computer Healer tells his full story and says he had no bad intentions.

“I never made a copy of the game. I never said I was going to leak this game,” he explained. “Was I going to give a copy to my friends? Yes…. I wanted to play my game…. The best game I ever played….I wouldn’t have sold the f****** for a million dollars.”

But Healer wasn’t the only person with a copy, and IP Cybercrime’s nicely, nicely approach didn’t work first time with everyone. Apparently a young kid who had a copy of the game refused to co-operate with IP’s investigators so they contacted someone else with real authority to force compliance – his mother.

Other people with copies of the game are also confirmed to have handed them over, but now BitTorrent downloaders are hoping that the inevitable has happened. Uploaded by ‘Anonymous’, the [*torrent name*] torrent on [*name of torrent site*] is getting rather a lot of attention at the moment but the big question is, is it real?

Although the release is [*information on torrent structure*] as one might expect, the NFO file included with the release contains nonsense. While some commenters are claiming the release is real, others are stating the opposite. However, if one screenshot doing the rounds is to be believed (it’s impossible to confirm its authenticity without discovering and cross referencing all the peers currently on the torrent), not even Treyarch are convinced this is a fake torrent and are doing their own tests. But then, why are they leeching it?

blackopsSS.jpg
Treyarch leeching the CoD torrent

This isn’t a ‘Scene’ release either so verifying its quality via the usual channels before downloading isn’t really an option. Furthermore, unlike the Xbox 360 beta version of the game which leaked out earlier, it doesn’t appear to be on Usenet either, which would be unusual for a working copy of a game this huge. There are also sundry other pointers which shout ‘fake’ but nothing conclusive until those who have completed downloads start filing reports.

Personally I’m hoping that this torrent is a fake. When I jump into Black Ops on November 9th I really, really don’t want to be shot, tubed, knifed, claymored and otherwise killed to death every 5 seconds by people who have had more than two weeks to practice before me.

So, to all those thinking of getting in dozens of hours worth of gameplay training in before me, think again. Remember last year’s epic Xbox Live banning of all those playing Modern Warfare 2 before its retail date on modded boxes? Is it worth the risk just to get a jump on me? Thought not
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
It probably is. The disc was probably fake. But the torrent...let's just hope it's fake.

DeviousTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
So for 360 users does this also mean cheats faster?

I'm glad no one has made something so you can cheat online for the ps3 yet and hopefully it stays that way. Hacked lobbies are evil.

On the PC, modded lobbies are the only reason I go back to playing MW2 every now and again. They're so damn fun, I wish they could just be added on to the game, too bad Infinity ward is dead. And I'm talking bout the cool modded servers, like gun game, alien vs predator, RTD etc, not the modded level up servers. Awesomely enough, Treyarch is including some of these mods in Black Ops, which may just be enough of a reason for me to buy the game. Anyways, leak bad, cheats bad, hope this is fake.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeviousTom said:
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
So for 360 users does this also mean cheats faster?

I'm glad no one has made something so you can cheat online for the ps3 yet and hopefully it stays that way. Hacked lobbies are evil.

On the PC, modded lobbies are the only reason I go back to playing MW2 every now and again. They're so damn fun, I wish they could just be added on to the game, too bad Infinity ward is dead. And I'm talking bout the cool modded servers, like gun game, alien vs predator, RTD etc, not the modded level up servers. Awesomely enough, Treyarch is including some of these mods in Black Ops, which may just be enough of a reason for me to buy the game. Anyways, leak bad, cheats bad, hope this is fake.
I was talking about those messed up prestige lobbies.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Yeah but i bet you every company downloads their leaks. Most wouldn't do it with an IP directly from their servers though. I hope their share ratio is good.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Oh wow! I get to kill people with a better engine! This is amazing! So innovative. Biggest game in history, I'd say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16