Black ops multiplayer wont work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Degolegodyl, Jul 3, 2012.

Jul 3, 2012
  1. Degolegodyl
    OP

Newcomer Degolegodyl Newbie

Canada
    I made a backup of my black ops game i left in another country, i have a new wii now. I run black ops fine, singleplayer works great, zombies only works solo, i have to update to play co op, so i have to go update in multiplayer. The problem is that when i try to enter multiplayer the game crashes and it says that the disc could not be read.
    I really love black ops, more than mw3 :P so, could someone please help me solve my problem?

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    If you have the latest cIOS'es installed then I'm afraid that Multiplayer will only work on 223-mload (Hermes v4 IOS 37 Base, if I remember this correctly) or 224-mload (Hermes v6). I never managed to get it working on cIOSX.

3. Degolegodyl
    OP

Canada
    Did i mention that i am running the game from a cd? And is there any way to get it to work?

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Ah, now I noticed it. It's just an error that also happens with USB loading sometimes, so I thought I have the right answer lol. Is your Wii up to date? Is the disc scratched in any way? Have you ever had any problems with the disc drive at all?

5. Degolegodyl
    OP

Canada
    My wii is 4.2, i never updated, but i can run mw3, so there shouldnt be a problem there.
    The disc is not scratched in any way.
    I never get these disc read errors, only when i try to play some games from the disc channel, then i run them from neogamma.

I ran black ops with neogamma and disc channel, both make multiplayer crash

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    You need to launch the game using a cIOS that has base IOS57, and your loader (i.e. neogamma) needs to be launched using a cIOS with base IOS56 or IOS57. So basically install cIOS d2x v8 base 56 to slot 249 and cIOS d2x v8 base 57 to slot 250 (i.e. what most softmod guides recommend, including ModMii).

Some more steps:
    -If you've already launched the shopping channel on your Wii at least once in the past and already accepted some agreement, then u can skip this step. Install the latest IOS56 and the latest version of the shopping channel. Launch the shopping channel and accept the agreement.
    -launch the usb-loader (or neogamma) with any cIOS that has base 56 or base 57 (if u don't have one, install it)
    -launch the game with a cIOS with base 57 (if u don't have one, install it)
    -create 2 campaign profiles, start the campaign with each of them and save and exit
    -launch multiplayer with both profiles (obviously the Wii needs to be connected to the internet), it should work on your second attempt (and then the first profile will start working afterwards). You will be prompted to update, say yes. Note that this is an update for the game, it is not an official firmware update and is safe to accept.

More helpful info available here:
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/273317-how-to-play-cod-black-ops/page__view__findpost__p__3375280

7. actar

Member actar GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    If I remember correctly, there is no need to create two profiles.
    Or at least I never had the need to do it.
    The important thing is that the created profile does not contain strange characters.
    Once done the update is free to change the name.

8. Anon10W1z

Member Anon10W1z GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    How does it fit on a CD? Wii ISO's are 4.37GB big.

9. Degolegodyl
    OP

Canada
    Its a dvd, and i will try what you posted thank you.