Homebrew Black Ops in BLACK & WHITE - Fix?

broacrazy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.0J wii. For some reason, my NTSC-U black ops only works when I force the video mode to PAL60. If I use AnyRegion Changer and set the video mode to PAL, and leave everything else untouched, will it be safe? More importantly, can my black ops run in colour after the switch? I tried forcing the video mode to PAL50, and black ops still runs in black and white, and PAL60 is the same thing. I mainly use PAL60 since it feels smoother. I want to play the game in colour, please help.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
You're trying to play an NTSC-U game on an NTSC-J console.
So why in the world are you using PAL video modes, that is why its in black and white.
Run it in NTSC and you should have colour

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using composite cables? If so, component cables should fix the problem, since you'll be running in 480p mode, which would disregard region video colours.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You must force the video mode to system default, then it will be displayed correctly. Which loader are you using?

broacrazy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using CFG USB loader. I already tried forcing the video to ntsc, disc def., system def, but none worked. Only PAL works for some reason... Also, my cables are red, white, and yellow. How do you get component cables?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
broacrazy said:
I'm using CFG USB loader. I already tried forcing the video to ntsc, disc def., system def, but none worked. Only PAL works for some reason... Also, my cables are red, white, and yellow. How do you get component cables?
Set force video to system default and video patch to sneek+all and language to force english, then it should work.

broacrazy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
broacrazy said:
Set force video to system default and video patch to sneek+all and language to force english, then it should work.
I tried that just now, and it still gives me a black screen... Should I just change the video mode to PAL with ARC? Is that safe for my wii?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
broacrazy said:
I tried that just now, and it still gives me a black screen... Should I just change the video mode to PAL with ARC? Is that safe for my wii?
No, it could kill the wii... From WHERE do you have the TV? Is it a old one or LCD? Is your wii also Japanese? Do you have region changed your wii? Is it a japanese or american tv?

broacrazy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a Phillips 27PT64 3F35A. It's 27 inches and I can't tell if it's LCD or not. Apparently it was made in May 2003. It's very bulky and wide, but the screen is flat. BTW, what could go wrong if I changed the video mode to PAL? I mean, my TV has the ability to play black ops in PAL-50 and PAL-60, except it's in black and white.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.