Black Matrix Zero Text Dump

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by ragnamuffin, Aug 19, 2008.

Aug 19, 2008
  1. ragnamuffin
    OP

Newcomer ragnamuffin Member

Antarctica
    hi all,

i recently started playing some old japanese gba/nds games i have, and have become a bit obsessed with black matrix zero. i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to provide a text dump, or explain how to do it for gba games? the only tutorials i've seen have been for nes or nds, and sometimes the programs they recommend don't run on my vista laptop...

i appreciate any and all help anyone can provide. thanks!

2. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    If I remember correctly the text in that game is LZ77 compressed. Making it a little hard to find and dump the script. What were you planning on doing with the script once you got it?

3. ragnamuffin
    OP

Antarctica
    thanks for the reply! actually, i was thinking of translating it... but since i don't know anything about hacking, i was just going to post the translation as a text file at gamefaqs. i started transcribing the text as i played, but it was so long and boring that i gave up. now i'm just playing it normally. [​IMG]

4. Normmatt

New Zealand
    I'd like too see this game in english, so i might take a look and see if i can't extract a few scripts for you.

5. ragnamuffin
    OP

Antarctica
    that would be great. please let me know if you're able to find anything, and thank you for looking into it [​IMG]

6. Normmatt

New Zealand
    I've got a very basic dump of the intro done, its about 10kb and still has a some unidentified hex codes in it so probably around 8.5-9kb is about the right size.

you can find it here

7. ragnamuffin
    OP

Antarctica
    thanks for the intro script! i've already started formatting it.

8. Normmatt

New Zealand
    Once you've finished the intro, do post it as i'd like to try and insert it back into the game, hopefully without breaking anything [​IMG]

9. chicken_soup

Newcomer chicken_soup Newbie

United States
    chrisjudah seems interested again:
    see newest (2 day old) post on this video of BMZ english footage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3RLLowxtnY

i've been banned from youtube, so i can't post to tell him that some more work is being done

10. ragnamuffin
    OP

Antarctica
    oh yeah! thanks for the post (i only saw it just now). he got in contact with me, so we'll be working on it together from now on. [​IMG]

11. Fel

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    I know this is a reaaally old topic, but are any of you guys working on this translation? Or anyone else?

If not, could someone upload the patch again? I tried all of the links I could find, but they are all dead. I was thinking that I could at least use the official menu patch and add to it google translation, so I could get something out of the game, because it really looks awesome.