Black March

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also not getting the point of this.

If it was for opposing SOPA/PIPA when they were the hot topic, then I could understand a protest, and at least I'll give Anonymous a small kudos by them doing a legitimate protest like a boycott. But SOPA/PIPA didn't pass. They were defeated. By the government. They proved that government is for the people, by the people and it isn't dictated by big corporations. Not all of it at least. Or proved it is, but the big corporations who are dictating it are the "good guys" so it's all good.

And if this boycott is opposing anti-piracy bills, how does stopping your piracy help? That was the point of the bills. Now they're achieving their purpose from beyond the grave. I thought it'd be "Don't buy anything, pirate everything" or something along those lines. Basically avoiding culture for a month isn't going to achieve anything. Most of the people who hated on SOPA/PIPA anyway were people who pirated, so it's not like you're losing a large amount of buyers from this.

Also, it's "illegally", not "ilegally". Unless they're advertising their hip new iOS app, iLegally.

So yeah, I've never seen a larger hive of idiocy and stupidity.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, not buying products on the verge of a second recession is going to do you good, America.

Let's all hold hands and sing songs againts the closure of Megaupload, which despite your claims WAS a massive hub for pirated content.

Now, some legal clarification. Nothing unlawful is going on. Megaupload had the suffix .com, thus was an American domain, thus their administrators were breaking American laws, thus were EXTRADITED, (not deported, deportation has nothing to do with this) to stand trial for breaking the law. Nothing here is out of order, they could've had an .nz suffix which would make the site fall under New Zeland's jurisdiction but they did not, they had the suffix .com, making the site typically American, as the U.S, the cradle of the internet reserves the right not to have a suffix. There is nothing unlawful going on, it's just a bunch of Anonymous Kids being butthurt about the fact that some people are taking action againts companies which facilitate distribution of pirated content. Admittedly it is humanly impossible to search through entire servers for content and be successful at it, but the Admin's guilt is to be decided by a fair jury and a judge, so don't worry.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not like I can legit buy anything even if I wanted to, anyway... LOL

Being poor, baby. It means joining protests you didn't even know existed. That's how we roll.

Hell to the yeah!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.