Hacking Black Jap Wii Converted to USA wii. Almost Perfect

isamux

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick note on the Black Wii drive. I'm not sure if you've played any backed up games with it. The drive works fine, my Black Wii is now softmodded and can play all my backups on both DVD-R and DVD+R (I think I left the option to change book type when I burned the older ones... ). I still haven't read anything solid on Wiis that can't read DVDRs.

So far, I say it's a myth! Let's get Mythbusters on this mystery!

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ph34r.gif
Hey I was reading and found out that I had experienced the same thing with wad manager 1.5 after wii updates kills cios. Turns out it worked after using 1.5 mod :S was pretty weird. Also I had some problems with my ios wads after using applications that download stuff from nintendo servers im not sure which one was but the problem I had was SD corruption.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think it isn't bricked cause AnyRegionChanger only installs IOS30 and the SysMenu, and don't even mess around with anything else, but you need to get the News and Forecast channels from a Wii disc (a new one would be the best) and then Use AnyTitleDeleter to delete them and after that Wad Manager to install the ones you extract from the Wii Game...!!
smile.gif

retiredjerk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i used waninkokos duplicate channel remover 2.1 and now my jap wii is 100%U.S. with no jap channels at all. all my usa channels work. sweet!

Was trying to do the same with my korean wii but banner bomb wouldnt work so i though i would just update the wii to 4.1k and figure then bannerbomb would work..well big mistake..banner bomb now says" this wii has no vulnerable ios's.
frown.gif
not sure what to do now..

i am gonna get another jap black wii and do this for a friend..he wants one too.

sucks about the korean wii..

retiredjerk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just took a photo of the oem black wii and the xcm one side by side so you can get a feel of what it looks like..
P1010524copy.jpg

Both have the Darkwii Extended theme running on 4.1. XCM wii has bootmii as boot2.

brett824

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a black Wii soon and I want to keep it Jap. Will it be fine if I just banner bomb it and use Gecko to load US games?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I think it isn't bricked cause AnyRegionChanger only installs IOS30 and the SysMenu, and don't even mess around with anything else, but you need to get the News and Forecast channels from a Wii disc (a new one would be the best) and then Use AnyTitleDeleter to delete them and after that Wad Manager to install the ones you extract from the Wii Game...!!
smile.gif

If I'm not mistaken, you can get those channels with NUSD and then just use wad manager to install them.

But yeah, I'm not understanding the downgrade to 3.2 attempt either. All you really need to do to get 3.2 functionality is just patch trucha patch IOS60 and get preloader for the starfall replacement. Those are the only 2 reasons I can think of to keep 3.2, and both of those are taken care of thanks to new software development.

This kind of reminds me of the PSP back when custom firmwares first started coming out. So many people wouldn't leave firmware 1.5, sort of like people don't want to leave System Menu 3.2 for the Wii.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to do this (Like everyone else) but decided there isn't really a point because I've had my Wii from launch. It would just be a waste of money, but it would be fun.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
I wanted to do this (Like everyone else) but decided there isn't really a point because I've had my Wii from launch. It would just be a waste of money, but it would be fun.

I'd like a black Wii myself. I'd do just this if I was just now getting a Wii, but there is no sense in doing that since I already have one.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retiredjerk said:
i used waninkokos duplicate channel remover 2.1 and now my jap wii is 100%U.S. with no jap channels at all. all my usa channels work. sweet!

Was trying to do the same with my korean wii but banner bomb wouldnt work so i though i would just update the wii to 4.1k and figure then bannerbomb would work..well big mistake..banner bomb now says" this wii has no vulnerable ios's.
frown.gif
not sure what to do now..

i am gonna get another jap black wii and do this for a friend..he wants one too.

sucks about the korean wii..

Do you get the error message when bannerbomb tries to load the hackmii installer or when you are in the installer and try to install the HBC?
If it's the latter I had that error message once before too (tho for an unrelated reason). I ended up using loadmii with bannerbomb and then running the various dols via loadmii and not the HBC.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
IMO I don't think it's worth gettnig a new Black Wii just for the looks of it, buy a skin instead (if your warranty is out like mine that is)

I'm pleased with the skin I bought and changed from the original white Wii skin myself for about 15$.
Black Wii with Bootmii as boot2 = Love!

Now I just want to change the leds from blue to red so that it look likes an Xbox 360 with RROD!
wink.gif

Sorry for being a little OT. =P

Pics:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/Iz...09/IzzyWii1.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/Iz...09/IzzyWii3.jpg

IzzyWii2.jpg

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It sucks how it comes w/ boring ol' white Wii menu. PS3/360 users can customize their dashboards. For Wii, you just get white. No blue, red, green, not even black to match the color of your black Wii. You need to hack your Wii to customize your Wii Menu.

NEEDS MOAR DARKMII, NINTY.

For some reason, when I say 'black Wii', Mike Tyson comes to mind.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...You are aware that you can modify your Wii's theme, right? In fact, my System Menu is currently all black and awesome looking.

And that skin thing looks pretty sweet. The lack of BootMii at boot2 is the biggest turnoff for me with respect to the real ones released in Japan. Where do you get a skin like that?

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered mine from an onlinestore over a year ago, and there's a lot more skins now as far as I know. Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Black, Chrome (really good looking that one), and that's just in Sweden, so it should be atleast 10 online stores in the US who's selling them.

I finally found a store in Sweden where I can buy either Red or Green Leds for the front, it's only 4$, so I'm buying!

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
My black Wii has arrived, gonna mod it today. @ retiredjerk: would you mind posting a little tutorial what you did to get your Wii all the way US and what one should avoid.

Would be nice.

Thanks.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in Japan right now on Vacation. Picked up a Black classic controller PRO (sooooo much more comfortable to hold than the standard white classic controller!) and stared at the Black Wii for a while... looks darn sexy. Since I'm actually here, I can just get it retail (¥24,900)

sooo tempting...

but like many others, I already have a Wii with bootmii as boot2. But... I wonder if it would be worth swapping the case out and selling the Japanese Wii with the White shell on it (modded to be a US Wii, of course)

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
I'm in Japan right now on Vacation. Picked up a Black classic controller PRO (sooooo much more comfortable to hold than the standard white classic controller!) and stared at the Black Wii for a while... looks darn sexy. Since I'm actually here, I can just get it retail (¥24,900)

sooo tempting...

but like many others, I already have a Wii with bootmii as boot2. But... I wonder if it would be worth swapping the case out and selling the Japanese Wii with the White shell on it (modded to be a US Wii, of course)

Sure, go for it. It really looks hot. I also have the classic controller pro, its very comfortable to play with.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read rumors about different color Wii's coming to regions other than Japan. Ninty is a Japanese company so all the cool stuff gets tested there first. I would not be surprised at all if we start seeing RED, BLUE, BLACK, GREEN, Etc. Wiis and controllers come Christmas time. If Ninty can sell a million more wii's by doing nothing but changing the color then you bet your ass they will do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita