Black Friday

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are you guys gonna do im planning to buy either the nario dsi bundle or a few psp games what about you guys anything good on your lists

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The day after Thanksgiving, the day when retailers go from losing money all year to making money.
Lots of savings, lots of deals, huge huge huge rush of people going to all sorts of stores to do Holiday shopping for cheap.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
It's just what people call the shopping day after Thanksgiving in the US. Every store has big sales on stuff and lots of people wake up and wait in huge lines before the sun even comes up. That's about as good as I can describe it, in my opinion it's way overhyped by stores.

Just picture 500 people running into a store at 5am after 5 42" HDTVs. Possibly getting trampled as the doors open. Waiting in lines for 1-2 hours at the checkout. A friend of mine works at Walmart and a lady punched him in the face last year, it's just that stupidly crazy.

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah 2 weeks then im gonna have more from 10th december till 20th jan woot
grog.gif

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Sefi said:
It's just what people call the shopping day after Thanksgiving in the US. Every store has big sales on stuff and lots of people wake up and wait in huge lines before the sun even comes up. That's about as good as I can describe it, in my opinion it's way overhyped by stores.

Just picture 500 people running into a store at 5am after 5 42" HDTVs. Possibly getting trampled as the doors open. Waiting in lines for 1-2 hours at the checkout. A friend of mine works at Walmart and a lady punched him in the face last year, it's just that stupidly crazy.
So.. why the day after Thanksgiving? What's so special about that particular day?

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJ Hobo said:
Sefi said:

So.. why the day after Thanksgiving? What's so special about that particular day?
thanksgiving is a holiday (the last thursday in november) here in the states and most people that don't work in retail usually have the following day off as well. the term "black friday" comes from the notion that stores do enough business on that one particular day that it takes them from being "in the red" (eg. in debt) and puts them "in the black" (showing a profit for the year). the bestbuy that I used to work for told me that this year they had already taken in $1M by 4pm, which is more than what they did last year for the entire day.

stores are usually open early (toys r us opened at midnight) and most other retail chains open between 4-6am and stay open late (some until 11pm or midnight) and entice the consumers with better than average bargains in the hopes that they will also purchase more items once they are in the store.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a New Computer 3GB Memory and 320GB with screen and printer for $300. and X-men Origins Wolverine and Fast and Furious IV Blu-ray each for $10 and also Assassins Creed for Computer for $5
biggrin.gif

Im actually very happy with what I got
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended